AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 runaway train going off a cliff ...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  5:20:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Sorry if these feels a bit off topic for AYP...

but i feel compelled to express this right now.

I genuinely feel like we're in special times right now. Great changes seem to be on our doorstep.

Of course, there's always an "end is nigh" crowd in every age, and there's plenty of people like that these days. But then again, i don't tend to get caught up in stuff like that.

Ive had the "pleasure" of experiencing years of firm discipline at the hands of Shiva & Shakti, and while the first few years one tends to go off on all kinds of tangents, im certainly not at that point now. I probably feel more in tune and in balance with both the everyday world and the spiritual world than ever before. So im not feeling this out of misguided understanding, or erratic energy or any of that.

It just seems that we're about to go willingly over a cliff as a society. The social order is disintegrating, the institutions of our time are failing, and everday people are ready for revolutionary change. Everythings playing out to its logical conclusion.

I realize that this sentiment is nothing new. In fact, i myself have felt that this time was coming for years, even if it was an unformed idea in the recesses of my mind.

But this feeling is here now, and it doesn't seem to be going away. I feel like great changes are coming, and quickly.

So you might ask what the heck this has to do with AYP? Well, i dont know really except for the fact that everything we experience in our waking working lives cannot be seperated from spiritual truth. Here at AYP ive found other people like myself who have been experiencing legitimate spiritual transformation. I think that's important. I extremely happy to know that there are other people out there, doing the work, becoming one with god, and that these people may be able to do some good in this world.

Id be interested to know your take on the whole thing.

Am i delusional? Self absorbed? Bonkers?

paz et bonjournee

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  7:43:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Peak Oil, population growth, and climate change seem to be the biggest problems facing humans now and in the next few decades. One way to reduce the potentially devastating effects is to simplify your life. In almost all cases as people become more spiritually aware they naturally begin to simplify their lives. So hopefully since there is this wave of spiritual change taking place in the world maybe we can avoid some of the worst case scenarios.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  1:12:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
None of those things are true for me in that way.

I believe that you can only change yourself. It is that personal transformation which is at the root of the belief that everything else is singing to the same tune. That is what is witnessed.

Work at being spiritual and you will find that the world appears far more spiritual. Work at being more generous and see how the world gives more. Work at being violent and the whole world appears to be at war.

What you are witnessing is the re-birth of yourself, a transformation of the 'AM' and part of the journey. It feels good, isn't it ?

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  1:28:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
My experience somewhat aligns with yours here karl. Just a few days ago I went to a family BBQ....my grandfather who has always been into UFO's, conspiracy theories, Illuminati, climate change, blah blah blah started up a conversation about how we are all in danger of being murdered by radical Islamists and how soon Sharia (sp?) Law will take over the Western world. My response to him was this:

"Be the change you want to see in the world. (Gandhi) If you want a world without fear, then live fearlessly. If you want a world filled with love, then love everyone. If you want a world without war, then lay down your weapons."

Everything happens for a reason and we are here to learn and grow, both as individuals and as a collective whole. But before we can focus on changing the collective whole, we must first work on changing ourselves (from the inside out). Can't lead another to liberation if you yourself are not yet liberated. Can't lead another down a path you have yet to travel yourself.

Love!

To me, what you focus on is what you see. If you focus on the positive, you only see positive.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 21 2010 :  1:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight
Am i delusional? Self absorbed? Bonkers?

Yes.

Do you think a flower gets a message when it should bloom or not?

Free

Your

Mind

And jump \o/

Now!!!!

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  10:18:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello peoples

I pretty much agree with all your comments.

In no way am i saying that i feel helpless, or confused or depressed about this.

Im ready for whatever happens in this world. That's what i meant when i said that one's spiritual evolution prepares one for the best or the worst!

I simply wanted to express that the big time change in the world that everybody's been talking about for so long is about to happen. Not that it hasn't been happening, but that we're nearing a climax of the wave that wherein we will actually see evidence of this change in the material world big time.

Im not talking about illuminati or some other crazy talk. Im talking about this house of cards we've built for ourselves upon the foundations of greed and corruption. Its going down, as it was destined too. Our civilization is not built upon the foundations of spiritual truth, but on the limited perspective of perceived physical reality.

So Karl, i absolutely believe that we can only change ourselves. And of course that we will change others simply by changing ourselves. Im not blind to that, in fact that is exactly what i was expressing... that enlightened will have a big role to play in these theatrics simply because we are prepared for it and we know where to find the answers that everybody asks.

hope that makes sense...
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  6:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone

I have nothing major to add, just confirming what you're all saying. I'm also feeling and seeing the changes you're talking about here. And yes, it feels very accelerated these days.

My personal take is that the world is waking up from the dream we've been living in. I don't mean this in a necessarily spiritual way, but that people are seeing through the myths that we've inherited from society. We are forced to see the impermanence of values and institutions that we once felt so much security from.

I feel that the best approach moving forward is to continue spiritual practices and, like Carson and Gandhi said , be the change. I.e. really live by our higher values like Love and Generosity for all people.

Was going to post this video as a bad pun to the "runaway train" analogy. But upon re-watching it, the lyrics jumped out at me as actually being relevant to this conversation and our current situation.

So with that, enjoy

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2010 :  6:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

Hi everyone

I have nothing major to add, just confirming what you're all saying. I'm also feeling and seeing the changes you're talking about here. And yes, it feels very accelerated these days.

My personal take is that the world is waking up from the dream we've been living in. I don't mean this in a necessarily spiritual way, but that people are seeing through the myths that we've inherited from society. We are forced to see the impermanence of values and institutions that we once felt so much security from.

I feel that the best approach moving forward is to continue spiritual practices and, like Carson and Gandhi said , be the change. I.e. really live by our higher values like Love and Generosity for all people.

Was going to post this video as a bad pun to the "runaway train" analogy. But upon re-watching it, the lyrics jumped out at me as actually being relevant to this conversation and our current situation.

So with that, enjoy

Love
cosmic

Love the song Cosmic

In a sense, Im pretty excited for the next few years. Maybe its just my age, but i feel like im coming up on the time where my life will express its real significance.

And its a long time coming. Ive learned to be at peace with the evil of the world, but Justice in action is an amazing thing to perceive.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  2:39:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

that enlightened will have a big role to play in these theatrics

A Tree stands on the Earth. One day a bird sits in it's branches and sings merrily, one day it's foliage gives shelter to a criminal during a rainstorm, one day it sees a criminal hung from it's branches and the crowd cheer, one day an innocent mind is tied to it's trunk and is shot dead, one day the air is full of acid rain that strips the tree of it's leaves, one day someone fells the tree and uses it's timber for firewood..........it's all the same to the Tree.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2010 :  4:55:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by karl

quote:

A Tree stands on the Earth. One day a bird sits in it's branches and sings merrily, one day it's foliage gives shelter to a criminal during a rainstorm, one day it sees a criminal hung from it's branches and the crowd cheer, one day an innocent mind is tied to it's trunk and is shot dead, one day the air is full of acid rain that strips the tree of it's leaves, one day someone fells the tree and uses it's timber for firewood..........it's all the same to the Tree.

Karl, i respect your perspective although oftentimes i am puzzled by your easternish responses

i take you dont see the life of humans in the linear perspective of overcoming animal instincts to merge with god? and rather only see the circular perspective of Life as an endless expression of the divine?

Not trying to put words in your mouth! just curious
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  07:16:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

Karl, i respect your perspective although oftentimes i am puzzled by your easternish responses

i take you dont see the life of humans in the linear perspective of overcoming animal instincts to merge with god? and rather only see the circular perspective of Life as an endless expression of the divine?

No, I cannot explain it. It just isn't true for me and neither are your summations which are a double bind.

You concern yourself with words like spiritual and God, you look to the future and see your part in it. You should be equally concerned about the way a Strawberry tastes.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  11:02:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No, I cannot explain it. It just isn't true for me and neither are your summations which are a double bind.

You concern yourself with words like spiritual and God, you look to the future and see your part in it. You should be equally concerned about the way a Strawberry tastes.

I think i need some more clarity to understand you Karl
maybe i being a bit dense?

I am concerned with how a strawberry tastes

hehehehe

What i do understand is that you seem to advocate living in the present moment and not concerning oneself with anything but acceptance and appreciation for what is.

Do you not find anything to appreciate in the story that we are writing???

Why are we even writing (or should i say living) a story if it has no significance?

xxx

Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2010 :  1:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Why are we even writing (or should i say living) a story if it has no significance?

xxx

Things do not need to have purpose and significance to be entertaining.

For me life is for living, it has no special purpose or significance. It does not matter if I think I am enlightened or special in some other way, in time I will crumble to dust and blow away on a summer breeze, I am completely insignificant and happy to be so.

I devote time to whatever I want, as long as I feel it has been worthwhile, then it has. No one can do more. There is no special purpose for me and I seek and crave none.

I see life for what it is, I work within it's parameters and experience the pain and pleasure, but part of me is forever outside, simply witnessing it.

It is witnessed without any sense of dualism both in life and outside life at the same time. I laugh at my own demands and needs while experiencing them at the same time.

It's like watching a film, sometimes I identify so strongly with a character in a film that I might feel like the character, even though I know it is only a film.

Best I can do.

Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2010 :  11:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

xxx

Things do not need to have purpose and significance to be entertaining.

For me life is for living, it has no special purpose or significance. It does not matter if I think I am enlightened or special in some other way, in time I will crumble to dust and blow away on a summer breeze, I am completely insignificant and happy to be so.

I devote time to whatever I want, as long as I feel it has been worthwhile, then it has. No one can do more. There is no special purpose for me and I seek and crave none.

I see life for what it is, I work within it's parameters and experience the pain and pleasure, but part of me is forever outside, simply witnessing it.

It is witnessed without any sense of dualism both in life and outside life at the same time. I laugh at my own demands and needs while experiencing them at the same time.

It's like watching a film, sometimes I identify so strongly with a character in a film that I might feel like the character, even though I know it is only a film.

Best I can do.

Well I can understand that

I can identify with what you have written, almost word for word... thanks for taking the time to help me understand

But in addition to that, i definitely have an innate sense of desire to do something specific in this lifetime. As if, i have a mission, however small or inconsequential it may be... a purpose, a reason i came here right at this time.

I concede that not have everyone needs this or should have this.... and it is not a desire that causes me to suffer. in fact, it moves me. it is my bhakti

So taking the movie character analogy that you presented:
the character is only an avatar of my true self. i can laugh at my small self's challenges and suffering even as i experience them, yes. but also, i can empathize with my character's victories and achievement, and i can share in the excitement of living the story we are creating! and we are creating this story just because its how the divine chooses to express itself... so just like a child invents fantasies in his imagination... we invent these fantasies and live them out.

fun stuff! its like playtime for grownups
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000