Illuminated Poetry, Quotations and Stories
 Any Goa-Trance Lovers?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2010 :  11:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Goa-Trance is one thing that influenced me so greatly in the beginning my spiritual journey. Listening to Goa-Trance was my first spiritual practice which I started 5 years back.
Now I realize that It was actually raising my kundalini.
I used to enter beautiful trances that actually activated my ajna chakra.Now it has got even deeper.
In the early stages Once I also entered Jada samadhi for a moment when I was listening to 'Dances of Shiva' By GoaGil.
Everything changes for me instantly when I hear those beautiful spiritual melodies of Goa-Trance.
One thing I cannot stop doing even now is Listening and making Psy\Goa Music
Any body else have same story?

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2010 :  1:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I loved GoaGil, Tiesto, BLT, Nadi, BT, Delerium, Timo Mass... to name a few. It was the time when 'The Matrix' was released and I was in college.

Trance music works somewhat similar to Drugs/LSD etc.

Disco... drugs... trance music.. sex.. anything that lets us forget ourself and take us beyond mind. We transcend the ego/world/time/space and our troubles.

We come close to our real blissful self but unaware. We come close to the door of Samadhi and sometimes peak through it or even go through it for a moment.

My recent favorite music was the soundtrack from CD of movie '28 days later'. Its called 'In a Heartbeat'.

When I listened it the first time, I felt like my body began to burn and as the music grew... I was enveloped in flames completely. But the fire had no effect on me and I was just sitting calmly meditating.

Like Lord Shiva burning in flames but sitting in Samadhi.

The flames were the music
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2010 :  1:28:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Shivoham

I like trance, but even now I don't know the distinctions between a lot of the sub-genres. Haven't heard enough Goa trance (that I know of) to be able to comment on it. But I like the dance-y, female vocal, ethereal stuff that goes for like 10 min. per song (lots of build-up/break-down).

Going to raves played a role in putting me on a spiritual path several years ago. There's a sense of unity and celebration at a lot of those events that I think is a glimpse into what humanity could be, on a global scale.

Do you have any good (Youtube) examples of Goa trance? I found "Dances of Shiva" and it was pretty cool

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  07:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just finished watching a documentary called "The Last Hippie Standing". GoaGil is in it. Some great historical stuff about Goa during the 60's and now.
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  09:53:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by cosmic

Hey Shivoham

ethereal stuff that goes for like 10 min.

Are you talking about Moondawn, Eternal stream of life etc.. by ethereal. It was actually these tracks that compelled me to start this tread.
I just finished listening to MoonDawn(a Goa Ambient track) before opening this site and I am still in trance. I cannot get this super trance state in parties. I get it when I am alone, listening in room or watching the sky in the in the dawn at my balcony. When the goa is playing in the background, the wind that blows, the movements of trees and the moving clouds becomes special, Mysterious,Spiritual which I cant really express through words.

Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  11:43:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

I loved GoaGil, Tiesto, BLT, Nadi, BT, Delerium, Timo Mass... to name a few. It was the time when 'The Matrix' was released and I was in college.

Trance music works somewhat similar to Drugs/LSD etc.

Disco... drugs... trance music.. sex.. anything that lets us forget ourself and take us beyond mind. We transcend the ego/world/time/space and our troubles.

We come close to our real blissful self but unaware. We come close to the door of Samadhi and sometimes peak through it or even go through it for a moment.

My recent favorite music was the soundtrack from CD of movie '28 days later'. Its called 'In a Heartbeat'.

When I listened it the first time, I felt like my body began to burn and as the music grew... I was enveloped in flames completely. But the fire had no effect on me and I was just sitting calmly meditating.

Like Lord Shiva burning in flames but sitting in Samadhi.

The flames were the music

Oh.. That time must have been a crazy time for your nerves. You must have been completely lost..

How about the 'Tamasoma' Track in the end of the Matrix three. My nerves got fire and I jumped and danced like a mad man when the track began. Even dialogs in that movie can send me in to meditation.

In the begging I used to like fast tracks with heavy kicks and dancing mad to them. Now the taste have changed to slow ambient kind of stuffs
These are some tracks I created three years back http://www.myspace.com/shivoham_nitin
Never made a complete track after that

Trance music is a kind of drug.When visualizations are also added, it becomes like a real tripp. Most of the people once end up in Trance never comes back to other music. Its kind of end of the evolution. If there is a music for me after Goa is Hindustani classical. One such a kind of trancy stuff was the title song of the famous TV serial 'OM Namah Shivay'.

Edited by - Shivoham on Jul 09 2010 11:59:04 AM
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  12:02:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

I just finished watching a documentary called "The Last Hippie Standing". GoaGil is in it. Some great historical stuff about Goa during the 60's and now.

Hmm.. Great video indeed but GoaGil is simply boasting
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2010 :  10:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd actually never heard of him (GoaGil) before probably since I'm not much of a raver and have never been to India, but I'm really impressed by what he has to say about music and spiritual wakening. He seems to be using his music as way to give shaktipat. I think that is fantastic!
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2010 :  09:13:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shivoham
Oh.. That time must have been a crazy time for your nerves. You must have been completely lost..

I used to hurl balls of fire from my hands.

I am at work now and will listen to your tracks at home. I have heard Bangalore has a great night life. I always wanted to go clubbing there but have no desire anymore. Perhaps I will send my son when he grows up.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  02:30:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Are you talking about Moondawn, Eternal stream of life etc.. by ethereal.

Nope, never heard of Moondawn. Will check it out when I get a chance.

These aren't the best examples, but will kinda give you a flavor of the kind of trance I dig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2bJUwPQOrA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkjuikydgsw

Break out the glow sticks

BTW Your tracks on myspace are pretty tight

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  02:31:03 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by stevenbhow

I'd actually never heard of him (GoaGil) before probably since I'm not much of a raver and have never been to India, but I'm really impressed by what he has to say about music and spiritual wakening. He seems to be using his music as way to give shaktipat. I think that is fantastic!

Sure, he is a great musician and most importantly a Guru of Goatrance.I love him, also I am a fan. Whatever he said in that video is still by-heart for me :)

This one is my favorite.
"Dance is active meditation.When you dance, you go beyond mind, beyond fact, beyond your own individuality to become one in the divine ecstasy of union with the cosmic spirit"
This part of the video is amazingly edited.
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  02:37:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

I used to hurl balls of fire from my hands.

I am at work now and will listen to your tracks at home. I have heard Bangalore has a great night life. I always wanted to go clubbing there but have no desire anymore. Perhaps I will send my son when he grows up.

I am no more in Bangalore. Now breathing good air in Kerala. I have completely lost interest for city life and night life. Everything was like undressing a women. Nothing is really there to see
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  03:03:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:

Are you talking about Moondawn, Eternal stream of life etc.. by ethereal.

Nope, never heard of Moondawn. Will check it out when I get a chance.

These aren't the best examples, but will kinda give you a flavor of the kind of trance I dig:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2bJUwPQOrA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkjuikydgsw

Break out the glow sticks

BTW Your tracks on myspace are pretty tight

Love
cosmic

Oh, this is very different form what I have been discussing.But
Yeah, I too love this kind of trance. Mostly the emotional ones.
Easy to produce yet very satisfying for heart.

Here is the MoonDawn http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0Kc_L9bmYA
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  03:44:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I have completely lost interest for city life and night life. Everything was like undressing a women. Nothing is really there to see

That's because you have undressed the women, enjoyed it, and still were not satisfied.

Loved your tracks on myspace... especially Rudram. Great work!!!

I had never heard 'Navras' track from the Matrix Revolutions.

Asato ma sad gamaya,
tamaso ma jyotir gamaya,
mrtyor mamrtam gamaya.
Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.

Lead us from darkness to the light,
Lead us from knowledge of the unreal to the real,
Lead us from fear of death to knowledge of our immortality.
Peace, peace, peace.

http://www.thematrix101.com/revolut...ymbolism.php

WOW!

Thanks and please send some cool breeze towards north. Its boiling hot over here.
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  03:56:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hey Shivoham

I like trance, but even now I don't know the distinctions between a lot of the sub-genres.

Thats not any more
Check this big work on Free-mind mind mapper
http://www.psynews.org/forums/index...ic=43845&hl=
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  10:54:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

That's because you have undressed the women, enjoyed it, and still were not satisfied.

Not literally, I am still a virgin

quote:

Asato ma sad gamaya,
tamaso ma jyotir gamaya,
mrtyor mamrtam gamaya.
Shanti, Shanti, Shanti.

Lead us from darkness to the light,
Lead us from knowledge of the unreal to the real,
Lead us from fear of death to knowledge of our immortality.
Peace, peace, peace.

The whole intention of Vedas is in those lines. People tend to misinterpret Vedas without knowing it.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  11:37:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Not literally, I am still a virgin

Well I meant the experience you had with the city life and night life. You are no longer virgin to that.
Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  11:38:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

I had never heard 'Navras' track from the Matrix Revolutions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOtoIBrBAYE
You must hear it with the movie man..You will go maaaad+.
Whole of your nerves are going to shatter in to space.
How well they have mixed Psytrance with orchestra!
Thanks to Juno Reactor and Don Davis
Juno reactor is famous for creating experimental Psytrance like this

Go to Top of Page

Shivoham

India
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2010 :  11:51:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shivoham's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
[
http://www.thematrix101.com/revolut...ymbolism.php

WOW!

This movie is like an epic. When its is watched by scifi people its just a scifi movie, But when watched by spiritual people its a spiritual movie with complicated symbolism.
Tears of happiness came out when the crucification of Christ was symbolically shown through neo's death
Wachowski brothers must be Rishies
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000