AYPsite.org Forum
 Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 sexual energy and bliss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  11:46:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been reading about Tantra in the lessons, in this forum and in other places recently.

The question has come into my mind, what is going on with sexual energy when it is not expended?

My experience in this is simply this: my partner and i are in different locations at the moment, and i have decided to refrain from masturbating during this time. Normally during these circumstances, i would masturbate occasionally in order to "take the edge off".

Thus, i've found that by not giving into sexual thoughts, that is, sublimating the "turned on" feeling into more creative channels, i can feel an increased vitality... not much, but its there.

The interesting thing is, this vitality does not feel anything like the bliss found in deep meditation. Through my reading, i equated the retained sexual energy with increased energetic conductivity and bliss.

However, to me they feel as two seperate things.

The feeling of sexual vitality is just that. But it doesn't come close, not even 1 millionth, to the bliss in DM. It feels more like the grosse kundalini energy, a very physical feeling in the central channel... but nothing like the subtle bliss that radiates from every cell in the body.

Would someone care to clarify for me? Is this in agreement with the AYP teachings?

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  10:31:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello tonightisthenight,,

You sound like you're doing really well with your practices.

quote:
The question has come into my mind, what is going on with sexual energy when it is not expended?

It either becomes nervous energy ( perhpas frustration etc) in an insufficently purified body or it becomes sublimated an gets transformed into spirtual energy, undergoes the nectar cycle or turned into ojas('Wiki' says it is the highest energy, stored in the brain,primal energy or 'vigor'). Perhaps someoneelse can clarify if there is any difference between these two alchemies, the storing up of ojas in the brain and the syntheses of the nectar cycle(are they not related) or just specualtive semantics(different names), and then if so what it might be.

AYP says prettty clearly that bliss & ecstacy are the twouseful ingredients in an enlightenement equation or self-realisation process,the merging of shiva with shakti.Although i don't think you need ecstatic conductiviy but it can serve to expand and increase your inner silence.

But I agree:-

Bliss is( & feels) better than ecstacy.

P.S--This might seem OT and an inappropriate analogy but to me they seemed quite like heroin & crack-cocaine, or salt and pepper is another analogy. They both seemed to complement each other but bliss is infinitely better.Yes,It's like the real deal , in terms of an altered state.I've never much liked the effects of cocaine,a terrible drug, really!.And i don't intend to re-start taking heroin again fyi,way much too addictive..lol)

The bliss and ecstacy are two separate things but, we aretold, they can merge like shiva & shakti, the flowering of our natural radiant state.

Edited by - Akasha on Jun 20 2010 11:12:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  08:24:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight
The interesting thing is, this vitality does not feel anything like the bliss found in deep meditation.....
... it doesn't come close, not even 1 millionth, to the bliss in DM.

You can open up to a higher chakra experience even if you are unbalance in the lower, but you cannot sustain that level. The needs of the unbalanced lower chakra will pull you down to satisfy those needs.

http://www.healthandyoga.com/html/r...s/ays173.asp

Did you get it?
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  11:01:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting point Akasha,

I don't feel compelled to pursue Tantric sex, but i do feel a desire to explore and refine my sexual assumptions and beliefs.

I can see that this dichotomy of Bliss and Ecstasy makes some sense... and particularly the nervous energy expression of the sexual power. I don't think it is necessarily about purification, however, but that we often feel these new and interesting things like this. Think about the first time you had sexual contact, for example. Very nervous.

Manigma, thanks for the advice. No problems sustaining high levels of energy and bliss, so i don't think that's the issue.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  1:52:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Manigma, thanks for the advice. No problems sustaining high levels of energy and bliss, so i don't think that's the issue.

Then why even bother about something that is not even 1 millionth close to it? Why the desire to explore and refine your sexual assumptions and beliefs?
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  6:43:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

quote:

Then why even bother about something that is not even 1 millionth close to it? Why the desire to explore and refine your sexual assumptions and beliefs?

Hehehehe! Exactly!

The desire to examine and refine my sexual assumptions and beliefs is a matter of purification. I am compelled to do it.

In other words, just because tantra isn't for me, doesn't mean i don't have a lot to learn about the proper role of sex in my life.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  01:13:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
In other words, just because tantra isn't for me, doesn't mean i don't have a lot to learn about the proper role of sex in my life.

So its like you have the desire to drink tea. But instead of making and drinking it, you are asking someone how it feels after you drink the tea. And you think this will satisfy your desire?
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  09:59:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Think about the first time you had sexual contact, for example. Very nervous.

Well the first time I has sex,before it began as such, I ejaculated a little, as I climbed over her, before any 'sex' or genital stimulation , as such, had taken place..But it was'nt a full release and more(just a momentary squirt ), which is what I was probably anticpating and ,of course, what i got in the end.That is probably the only time that has happened and i did'nt expect it either when it occuredt-it came unanounced.I think she was suprised as i was(it just came unanounced in the anticipation of the moment i guess) as i remember she laughed softly at the time,but ina gentle relaxed way, as i tried to ,skillfully, manouvere over her anticipating what indeed might follow.We were both naked on a double bed in a remote cottage and a full-body massage had preceded this.

I would say i was probably more excited than nervous though.I'm not so sure about 'nervous'-maybe energetically you could then say i was, yes, though i'm sure everyone's experience(s) is/are different.I would say i've always felt more passion,perhaps even lust, than nerves in the normal sense implied.Perhaps you mean more apprehensiveness or intrepidation maybe.

I'd had a full-body massage by her(25) and another girl (29) on the bed beforehand although the other girl dissapeared to her room after it.I was 17. We were renting a remote cottage on the isles and i decided to sleep in her bed for the rest of the week....lol. Though we did'nt do it as much after that.I later learnt that she had still been interested in sexual play after that time in the cottage.I think the age difference had made me think she maybe was'nt.

The only times i've felt a little intrepid over sex are when i've been with a prosittute.And that's because the situation is a little contrived.And there's the expectation to perform on demand and so on.

To me the word 'purification'(mental & physcial) is an okay word to make sense of it all, within a spiritual context.Sex within tantra takes on such vaster meaning than just simple intercourse or genital stimulation.A simple glance is all that can be enough to great derive pleasure from.

And btw there's no need for catheters ( or any 'blocking' i would venture to say,certainly if over-done) and all that business in tantric sex or sexual training.

I can tell you the practices i did to sublimate the sex drive though they wer pretty intensive and part of broader package of tools for spiritual transformation.You've got to remeber that sex permeates almost everything humans do,think,how they view things dep within the human psyche.It's something rather you add on the end after other preliminary work.

I think what you might be enquiring about, is- what does it feel like, as Manigma maybe expressing, once you have sublimated the drive and transmutated the energies.Well i believe you feel free and are less attached to 'sex'(or intercourse) as such.Cetainly lust-motivated sex rather than authentic 'pure love' sex;the latter is tantric or spirtual 'sex' as iunderstand it.

I can't say i'm at that stage( though i feel i have some valuable insights into it and experiences) so i guess i'll keep on practicing.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  12:26:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Akasha, i really meant "nervous" in the sense of the excitation of the nervous system.

So i would say that this state is the same whether it is your first real sexual experience, or its new energies in the central channel opening up new nadis for the first time.

My interest in Tantric sex is really this: I see how spiritualizing the physical act of sex is a good thing, and something to be done all the time. Whereas, I currently view the "not coming" Tantric sex as an extreme version. I am not saying that it is unhealthy, i am saying that it is not the middle path.

So, in response to the green tea analogy Manigma, yes, there are some things that i prefer to intelluctualize/emotionalize rather than to actually try. I can learn karmic lessons by observing other people, so why is it any different than with a practice?

As others, like Yogani and Christi have stated, Tantric sex is not a requirement, it is a method. It may well be that i could increase my bliss by practicing it, but it could well be that it would have very little effect... as i have been essentially abstinent for some time now, and i do not feel any different. So learning about, rather than actually trying, Tantra, lets me self-inquire about my own sexuality, and allows me to refine it.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2010 :  03:56:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
So, in response to the green tea analogy Manigma, yes, there are some things that i prefer to intelluctualize/emotionalize rather than to actually try. I can learn karmic lessons by observing other people, so why is it any different than with a practice?

Do you remember when you had your FIRST experience with sexual orgasm (ejaculation)?

Was it through masturbation or some form of sex with another person?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000