AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Please contribute your ideas
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2010 :  1:28:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everybody,

I would like to ask for your ideas, techniques and thoughts regarding my current situation.

I continue to focus on letting go of all wrong thoughts and actions, and to give myself completely to the divine will. I am familiar with this process, having gone through it several times in the past. However, in this instance the physical component of my spiritual battle is located among muscles and fascia of the shoulders, the neck and the head, and the intensity (and completeness) of the purification is of a much higher order. So even though i have purified this area before, in this instance it is a much deeper experience.

The feeling in this region is that there is pranic tightness at some points (as well as physical tightness). It has been releasing for months, and so i am definitely making good, patient progress. I have been feeling like there is a battle within myself for the last couple of weeks.... and i can totally relate to the symbolism of the biblical book of Revelation at the moment... or the Jewish story of Jacob wrestling the angel.

I am making good progress. I do twice daily seated meditation, along with a "letting-go" practice in savasana. In addition, i am doing very light asanas once a day, and the occasional gentle run. I have also experimented with Jalandhara Banda (not the chin pump kind). I try to observe myself throughout the day.

I do not practice mantra, although i have started chanting of "AUM". I do what is referred to as the Chin Pump, and i am getting good results with pranyama.

In addition, i perform self massage on my upper back and neck and head several times a day, and i try to focus on stretching these regions during my light asana routine.

I feel compelled to focus my energies on growth at this time. Therefore, I am doing a much longer practice than many people here do. Each session is typically one hour, but i do know my limits, and in fact i am limiting my practice in some ways, yet expanding it in others.

This is a very tough battle within me, but i am giving up to it completely. I welcome and look forward to any help, insights or techniques you might be inclined to contribute.

Thankyou xx

Edited by - AYPforum on Jun 18 2010 5:34:52 PM

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  11:24:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Well since you asked
quote:
Originally posted by tonightsthenight

Hello everybody,

I continue to focus on letting go of all wrong thoughts and actions, and to give myself completely to the divine will. what is a wrong thought?[blue]

I feel compelled to focus my energies on growth at this time. [blue]cool
Therefore, I am doing a much longer practice than many people here do. why compare yourself to others? Each session is typically one hour, but i do know my limits, and in fact i am limiting my practice in some ways, yet expanding it in others.

This is a very tough battle within me, but i am giving up to it completely. I welcome and look forward to any help, insights or techniques you might be inclined to contribute. why even say it is tough?

Thankyou xx

just a couple things, good luck with your practice, and life, may you be happy and well brother
Brother Neil

Edited by - brother neil on Jun 18 2010 11:27:39 AM
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  1:07:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

Well since you asked
quote:

Hello everybody,

I continue to focus on letting go of all wrong thoughts and actions, and to give myself completely to the divine will. what is a wrong thought?[blue]

I feel compelled to focus my energies on growth at this time. [blue]cool
Therefore, I am doing a much longer practice than many people here do. why compare yourself to others? Each session is typically one hour, but i do know my limits, and in fact i am limiting my practice in some ways, yet expanding it in others.

This is a very tough battle within me, but i am giving up to it completely. I welcome and look forward to any help, insights or techniques you might be inclined to contribute. why even say it is tough?

Thankyou xx

just a couple things, good luck with your practice, and life, may you be happy and well brother
Brother Neil

Thanks for your response brother neil.

I'm not exactly sure where you are going with your reply, however.

A wrong thought, in this sense, is indulging in negative mental activity. I don't mean it in a judging sense, only that i can observe the thoughts that are beneficial and distinguish them from thoughts that are harmful.

I am not comparing myself with others in this instance. I was providing information, with the specific purpose of making the reader aware that i realize AYP advocates generally recommend no more than 20 minutes per practice.

Why not describe the situation as i see it? What is the harm?
This situation has been very tough and difficult in comparison with other, similar experiences i have had. Therefore, it is tough, as in pushing me to my limit.

Honestly, while i appreciate your input, i do not understand your criticisms or what they are meant to provoke.

I invite any creative ideas you might have, as in the past i often have found inspiration in the form of new techniques, concepts and traditions.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  5:34:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2010 :  6:43:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey brother
well on the part of it being tough, why keep telling yourself that? Maybe it will become easier without the label of saying it is tough?

as far as your practice, Yogani descibes, in his 8 limb book, that a full plate of practices is around one hour. That being the case, he would just consider it a full plate that you do, nothing more, nothing less.

what was I trying to provoke? Letting go, which is what you discussed in your first post, second sentence. I pointed out, from my perspective, things I thought would be easy to let go of, thats all brother.

best to you
Neil
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  11:29:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

hey brother
well on the part of it being tough, why keep telling yourself that? Maybe it will become easier without the label of saying it is tough?

as far as your practice, Yogani descibes, in his 8 limb book, that a full plate of practices is around one hour. That being the case, he would just consider it a full plate that you do, nothing more, nothing less.

what was I trying to provoke? Letting go, which is what you discussed in your first post, second sentence. I pointed out, from my perspective, things I thought would be easy to let go of, thats all brother.

best to you
Neil

Thanks for your sincerity.

I guess for me, i have no problem labeling an experience what it is for the sake of explanation. My problem doesn't arise from this label.

I suppose i don't really understand where you are coming from, I'm simply looking for interesting ideas, concepts or practices that might help me in my journey. In the past, i've found that new practices can often help. I'm looking for constructive help.

Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  1:10:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
all right brother, best to you
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  1:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
This is a very tough battle within me

Indeed.

The body has a limit.

The mind has a limit.

The nature has a limit.

But you...

You don't have a limit.

quote:
I'm simply looking for interesting ideas, concepts or practices that might help me in my journey.

I feel you are doing good already.

If you can get the song 'Narayana' by The Prodigy. Listen to mantra AUM NAMAH NARAYANA that begins at 4:44. Meditate over it, get lost in it.

It will realign your chakras in a very good way and raise tremendous energy.

The begining and end of the song are also very good to stablize the energies.

This is a very powerful song with a very deep secret.

Aligining the chakras is a good practice to keep the journey smooth. At advanced stages its not required and you will know when to give up this practice.

I can feel that you will win this battle very soon.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2010 :  1:34:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
ok, looking at it again. some pratctices that may be of help? have you tried occasional colon cleansing? the neti pot? or any other shaktkarmas that yogani has laid out? according to reading his books, these can help to wash out some stuff from the body, some stuff you may have loosened up already, and some of these are very easy. Maybe even turn your upper body massage into a full body one, Bringing it to the heart center. yogani has that as af the asana routine in his asana book. I hope this is more along the lines of what you are seeking.
and congrats to you brother for taking the time to do this for yourself.
brother Neil

Edited by - brother neil on Jun 19 2010 1:40:31 PM
Go to Top of Page

stevenbhow

Japan
352 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  12:53:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit stevenbhow's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I noticed you are living in Japan. Have you tried Shiatsu massage, acupuncture, or Reiki? Sometimes they can be very useful for energetic blocks. If you happen to live in Aichi or Nagoya I can recommend a few very good clinics that I use on occasion.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  6:38:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your input, Neil, Manigma and Steven

I have heard that Prodigy song, though not for years and years i think ... but i do remember it being quite good. Definitely, some music has the potential to activate higher levels of prana and clean out the system.

Regarding the cleansing techniques... generally those things don't really call out to me. Maybe i will look into it. Recently, my path has been one of financial difficulty and because of that i've had to learn to do as much as i can own my own, and these types of things generally cost money a great deal of money.

I have gotten shiatsu which is quite reasonably priced. In the past six months, every time i did shiatsu, acupuncture, TCM herbs, or deep asanas I have gone through psychedelic -like detoxification. This has been been true up until maybe a month ago. Now i am not getting any detox symptoms at all.

I'm currently looking into lymph massage, because i feel as if maybe the pranic congestion if feel in my neck and jaw area could be related to lymph.

I must have had something seriously wrong with me. It is hard to understand though, because i have been feeling the "silence" and "ecstatic bliss" for years. But the purifications i went through in the past never got to this stuff, i didn't even know it was there.

I just hope and pray that i can purify the remainder. Maybe it is just a matter of time.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  12:04:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
""Regarding the cleansing techniques... generally those things don't really call out to me. Maybe i will look into it. Recently, my path has been one of financial difficulty and because of that i've had to learn to do as much as i can own my own, and these types of things generally cost money a great deal of money.""

Well Im not clear on what your saying, if you just dont like them, which is ok, or if you dont like them because of their cost. If it is because cost, The cleansing techniques yogani describes are all done at home so they dont cost much. one time purchases of a neti pot and enema bag for the home enema and the rest of them dont cost. Its outlined very well in his Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli - Yogic Nutrition
& Cleansing for Health and Spirit
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  04:39:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I have heard that Prodigy song, though not for years and years i think ... but i do remember it being quite good. Definitely, some music has the potential to activate higher levels of prana and clean out the system.

The song is definitely a prana booster + more. The mantra AUM NAMAH NARAYANA. The way Aum is pronounced is exactly like being uttered here in 'OM mani padme hum':

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4noQ0MD1_8s

The mmmmmmm in the end is not lost. Aummmm namah narayana (you can hear the mmmmmmmm in continuity).

It creates a cycle / wheel within you. The mind stops and is lost. Something higher starts overtaking.

This has been my experience and this song played a major role in awakening my Kundalini.

The beginning, the middle part, the end.... its a full practice in itself. Like Spinal Breathing -> Deep meditation -> Samyama -> Self pacing.

But its possible that you are more advanced and these mantras make no effect on you anymore.
Go to Top of Page

tonightsthenight

846 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  1:46:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry neil, i can see how that's confusing.

To rephrase: I don't feel a great compulsion to explore things of that nature at this point in my life. If i had money to spend on such things right now, i might be inclined to get the neti pot or what have you, just to see. I will check out that lesson, thanks!

Manigma, I totally understand what you're saying about prana-boosting songs. During my awakening there were several albums that really helped me get through the transformations and open up.

There is obviously some great connection between music and prana. Its as if prana likes to "dance" to the music or something There area few songs that, whenever i listen to them, a massive stream of prana shoots out the crown, at least during certain parts of the songs.

On a side note, i did lymph massage yesterday, focusing mostly on my head and neck and face.

Results: Feeling terrible this morning, totally destroyed. But a lot of the tension in my neck and face is gone, leaving me to believe that the lymph system is the primary issue here.
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jun 23 2010 :  12:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
all right brother, good luck
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000