Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 A samyama personal list
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  09:08:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Im doing a samyama list in a notebook with many different persons and causes.
Im wondering if its right to call it "samyama list" and pick it up one or two times after my meditation sessions as "((((((samyama list))))))".

I know would be better to pick the sutras up,but since im very sensitive to practices and must be careful with samyama,i feel more close to this kind of idea.Personally at this moments i prefer to pick this samyama list up than the sutras.It makes me feel really good to send good vibes to different people and causes/situations.

I obviously believe that this idea really works,but im looking for some confirmation here and maybe my idea inspires you brothers and sisthers.

namaste

Edited by - miguel on Jun 14 2010 09:09:51 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  09:36:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel,
Yes, "samyama list" will work perfectly. In fact, during our weekend group samyama, I do samyama on the people who are up for the weekend and then do samyama on the "recipient list" to send samyama to everyone on the list.

I had had this discussion with Yogani once, and he had said, as long as the sutra you are picking up has immediate internal meaning for you, it will work. So you can do samyama on "family", "friends", "world" etc.

You know the names and causes that are on your list, so when you say "samyama list" you know on the inside who and what is included in it... that is what samyama is about.. having a slight inner knowing of what you are doing samyama on... and letting it go.

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  10:12:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks shanti,

I think this kind of practice is very beautiful.Having a list where you note the things around that need atention makes you more aware of it,and i believe the good energies are sent to it along the day also,due to the growing inner silence that permeates everything around.

Thanks so much
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2010 :  10:15:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Miguel, thanks for caring.
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  06:00:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love this idea!

Thank you both!

Sincerely

Rael!
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  11:25:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
youre wellcome rael
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  5:43:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great idea my friend. Love to hear your experience with it later on...

Namaste

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2010 :  8:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Ill keep you informed.But has been an interesting idea (inspired by other people here.Thanks)

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2010 :  2:10:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pretty awesome practice this "samyama list". After one week of practice (picking it up twice times only after my morning meditation)
im having a very steady development.
The first days i experienced an increased energy along daily activities with some ecstatic blissfull feelings.It has dissapeared now (cluncky stage) and i feel really confortable.

And im sure its working here and around.
Maybe a good aproach for sensitive practicioners since sutras are a strong thing here (for the moment).

Light.....love....

Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2011 :  4:01:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yep, feeling this increased energy as well! The list works fine! I'm so HAPPY to not feel limited. I can add ALL I ever want on the list. It can expand endlessly! Thanks for this! It helps me expand!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000