New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2010 :  11:54:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by brother neil

quote:
Originally posted by Etherfish

For instance if you habitually think "I am not poor" it actually reinforces you being poor because your subconscious doesn't understand "not".

I don't carry a gun because I believe there are better ways to solve problems without guns, even though it can be more difficult.

so does the subconscious understand don't, in that case does your subconscious believe that you actually do carry a gun?

No because I do not think that thought habitually. If I allowed that thought all the time I would always be thinking of guns!
Go to Top of Page

eyeknownothing

USA
12 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2012 :  11:35:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The combination of thought and emotion absolutely makes things happen in the world.

We are like ships on an endless multidimensional sea, sails full of emotion and a rudder carved of thought. Before we can steer anywhere, we need to fill the sails, preferably with a heart-splitting hurricane of compassion if we want to get anywhere quickly and not waste just time swishing water around as we turn the rudder. Then it will be able to figure itself out and hold course long enough for the captain of our will to take responsibility for our passage.

Edited by - eyeknownothing on Aug 10 2012 11:44:40 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000