Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 More and More Objects of Awareness in DM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ConsciousEvolution

India
29 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  06:57:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit ConsciousEvolution's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When I started DM a few months ago I would be completely lost in thoughts and would stay in a semi-conscious state most of the time.
What's been happening is that with time, there is more clarity and more awareness, so that at this point, apart from the mantra, I could be aware of quite a few more objects at the same time - my breath, energies moving around in the body, thoughts, sensations and emotions, external noises, etc'
I still gently favor the mantra, and It's not like this is something I force or struggle against, but I'm just wondering if it goes with the guidelines of the AYP DM, as I was under the impression that one is to favor with the mantra and "lose" oneself while riding it, and if it isn't in accord with the DM guidelines, I'd like to know if there's anything I should do differently.

Om,
CE

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  07:44:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is a phase CE... it will change. Just go with whatever is happening right now. Since you have been gently favoring the mantra, you are doing fine.

We go through various purification phases, some will keep us near the surface, aware of what is going on around us, some will be filled with thoughts, some will take us deep and yet some will make us fall asleep... there is no wrong meditation. Focusing, analyzing, judging individual meditation session is a distraction... however if you are following the procedure of gently going back to the mantra... like you are doing... you are doing your meditation right.
Go to Top of Page

ConsciousEvolution

India
29 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  10:45:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit ConsciousEvolution's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Shanti,

Your short, concise, swift, and informative replies are wonderful, and are so simple and easy to understand, that I am left thinking that the answer to my questions was so obvious, that perhaps all I really wanted was a bit of attention.

Thank you,
You're a true Forum Angel.

Love,
CE.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  11:38:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks CE.

I don't think you were just seeking attention... I think your question was really genuine... and really appreciated.

You see... when we start, we have many many questions (how do you think I have over 3000 posts? )... it's like first time parents being blessed with a new baby... the baby burps... "oh.. why did she burp?"... then the baby does not burp and ... "oh my.. why did she not burp?'... then the baby does not sleep... "ohh... wonder if there is something wrong?"... then the baby takes a longer nap... "my goodness... I hope she is OK?... she never naps this long". Then when they have the next baby... and are an experienced parent... they go... baby burped... awesome... did not burp.. that's fine... no sleep... c'mon baby go to sleep... long nap... ahhh.. let me quick finish the laundry...

So you see... a new parent is learning, just like a new practitioner... and when they worry long enough they realize... well it's all a part of the process... The grandparents can tell the new parent... relax... it's OK... it's all a part of the process... because they have done the exact same things when they were new parents.

So you being the new parent (new practitioner) are allowed to worry... me being a grandma.. will assure you it's all OK.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  5:52:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Grandma Shanti! Awesome!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2010 :  6:09:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by emc

Grandma Shanti! Awesome!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000