Yoga and Relationships
 lump in the throat
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sagebrush

USA
292 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2010 :  12:07:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I am having extreme difficulty in a healthy relationship to my parents. Esp. my mother, because I live in her home. We do not get along...
this topic is a can of worms. it could go on into pages of my thoughts and experiences.

mostly, I feel like I can see where she is not nice to her own dog for begging and accusing me and my son, of making her beg more so now that we live here. yes, I am guilty of slipping her snacks and doctoring up her dry food with a teaspoon of rice or something like left over chicken/fish...whatever.
she spends all day scalding the dog. That cannot be the way to get a dog to behave differently.
anyway, I can recall that overall she always has this general attitude toward our pets thru the years....
she would never really love them with a cuddle, or lie on the floor and scratch them or pet them very long.

this is just the start of what I am having a hard time with.
the dog is a stubborn dachshund, but is very sweet and smart.

does or do other people reading at this forum want to share some kinks from their own family relationships?

and my dislike for my mother is making me sad. how do I stop the friction that is present inside me?
apples do not roll far from the tree?
is this true?
because I do not want to be here.

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Aug 14 2010 :  4:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Accept people as they are. When you learn how to do this, you will accept yourself.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000