Bhakti and Karma Yoga
 adding bhakti method
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - May 14 2010 :  11:30:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I'm feeling stable now in meditation, spinal breathing, mulabandha, and sambhavi. Going along with the lessons (number 67), adding in the method of bhakti is next. There is only one technique described, which is the redirection of desire toward ishta. And as with all new practices, I'm wondering, am I doing it right?

I think of all my desires. When a desire manifests (when I get it or achieve it) then another one will soon spring up. It is an endlessly changing stream of desires. An infinite to do list. To me, ishta can be only one thing. It is the desire that, once fulfilled, has no other desires springing up after it. It is the end of the endless stream. It is complete fulfillment and satisfaction. The desire for the end of desire.

So, to use the technique, all I would do is redirect my daily desires toward desiring that end of desire, that completeness. For example, I might think/feel "I want to not have to work right now" and then I would redirect it toward "I want this desire to end, I want to be complete right now."

Does that sound like a reasonable personal application of bhakti and ishta? It seems like it could quickly lead to me doing a whole lot of nothing if I seriously pursued it.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000