Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 wondering if any can advise
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

denislav12

USA
16 Posts

Posted - May 10 2010 :  11:38:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit denislav12's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

I have been doing some cleansing techniques and the results are interesting so far.
I am just wondering if any of you have some experience and maybe can give me some guideline...
How frequently should one do the Kunjal? Is it something that can be performed at least 3 times a week , or maybe because the intestinal wash flashes the bacterial flora of the intestine such a procedure has to be limited? I know the idea about self pacing but if maybe there are some tips of general essence, i will appreciate those.
Also, I am interested if it is ok to combine and do Kunjal first and then perform Laghu shanka prakshalana. Would it be ok to do those two one after another?
Also, isit ok to do amorali after those cleansing techniques?
thanks in advance

denislav12

USA
16 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  09:36:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit denislav12's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am guessing if Yogani can answer, that will be appreciated.
How do I address the question to him?
thanks
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  09:55:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by denislav12

I am guessing if Yogani can answer, that will be appreciated.
How do I address the question to him?
thanks

Hi Denislav12,
Welcome to the AYP forums.

If you wait a bit, Yogani will reply to you here.
Or if you want to write to him, look for the details on the Contact page: http://www.aypsite.org/contact.html
Go to Top of Page

denislav12

USA
16 Posts

Posted - May 11 2010 :  10:19:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit denislav12's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot Shanti!
I guess I can wait, no hurry
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  12:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi,

I have been doing some cleansing techniques and the results are interesting so far.
I am just wondering if any of you have some experience and maybe can give me some guideline...
How frequently should one do the Kunjal? Is it something that can be performed at least 3 times a week , or maybe because the intestinal wash flashes the bacterial flora of the intestine such a procedure has to be limited? I know the idea about self pacing but if maybe there are some tips of general essence, i will appreciate those.
Also, I am interested if it is ok to combine and do Kunjal first and then perform Laghu shanka prakshalana. Would it be ok to do those two one after another?
Also, isit ok to do amorali after those cleansing techniques?
thanks in advance

Hi denislav12:

Kunjal (swallowing and vomiting out a large amount of water) is not included in the AYP system, so I can't comment much about it.

Laghu shanka prakshalana (intestinal wash) is included in the AYP shatkarmas, and it is suggested not to do it more than once or twice per month, as it requires recovery from the depletion of natural essences in the GI tract. Basti (enema) is less invasive and can be done much more often. For details, see the AYP Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli book.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

denislav12

USA
16 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  09:17:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit denislav12's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the replay.
I only skimmed through your book Diet Shatkarmas and Amorali so initially I did not see the (intestinal wash) explained but it is good to know that it is recommended to do only twice a month.
thanks again
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  09:43:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Thank you for the replay.
I only skimmed through your book Diet Shatkarmas and Amorali so initially I did not see the (intestinal wash) explained but it is good to know that it is recommended to do only twice a month.
thanks again

Hi denislav12:

In the book, it says that weekly intestinal wash would be very aggressive. Even twice-monthly or monthly could be questionable unless there are overriding health or spiritual reasons. Basti (enema) is healthier for frequent use. But there should be a need.

It is not like deep meditation, where if you just keep doing it on a schedule, all good things will happen automatically. Intestinal wash can be very depleting if overdone. Kunjal (forced vomiting of water -- not in the AYP system), could also be depleting if overdone.

Speaking of "need," it should be mentioned that shatkarmas have a particular role to play on the spiritual path -- middle stage support of the rise of ecstatic conductivity and the nectar cycle. Before or after may have less relevance from a spiritual point of view. This is discussed in the book, and here: http://www.aypsite.org/312.html

Of course, for health reasons, shatkarmas may be helpful at any time. It is your call.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

denislav12

USA
16 Posts

Posted - May 12 2010 :  1:26:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit denislav12's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks again.
I was asking because different sources claim different things, and I guess it is all about self pacing and following general health guideline which helps one make sure things are not overdone since overdoing might lead one to harmful instead of healthy ends. Anyway, I did the Kunjal a total of 3 times for the last month and even a bit aggressive looking at first, the technique is easy to perform and one feels light and invigorated after doing it.
I have not had any specific reason which to put me in a deep need resorting to such a method of cleansing the intestine, it was more of a inner call which I followed.

Thanks again for the great web-site and the source of knowledge that you have provided for all of us.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000