Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Tips for getting inside the central channel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  11:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When I perform spinal breathing pranayama I rely entirely on my sense of body awareness rather than visualization, as I am very weak in that area. That being said, I feel as if I am somewhat unable to get my awareness inside my body where the spinal cord is. I feel as if I end up following along the frontal path instead. This has always been a difficulty for me. I feel as if it is reducing the effectiveness of my sessions. Perhaps it is just a matter of needing more time for the practice to fully mature. It has certainly matured a lot since I began. Does anyone have any advice for how I can overcome this?

Thank you

PS, I am utilizing both Sambhavi and Mulabandha in my SBP.

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  3:01:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey CWL, I'm no more of an expert on it than you are, but I'd say it's not a problem. My experience of the energy pathway changes around... sometimes on a daily basis, without my even trying. I just established the habit of SBP as outlined in the lessons, and then it has morphed around on its own. Some days (or longer periods) it is more frontal. Big little nerve. And I don't think that changes the effectiveness of the practice. The longer I do this, the more I feel like whatever is happening from it, if anything ;), will happen whether I micromanage the processes or whether I just do it by habit and don't care at all whether I'm doing it right or wrong.

Edited by - JDH on Apr 22 2010 3:22:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  8:35:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Visualizing really makes a big difference in the subtle energy flow. I made many tests in this regard and my ability to visualize was also not as good as sensing the energy and moving it on that level. But after some tests with a little bit "forced" visualization I had to admit that it is highly worth it.

It is true that over time with more and more kundalini activity, seeing starts spontaneiously and this makes visualization also more easy.

Visualization = inner seeing.

What helps me very much is previsualizing the central channel and its pathway till it gets more stable for about 1-2 minutes. Then breathing through is much more easy. And the efficiency of SBP increases very much.

Yogani's general guideline is anyway: favoring visualization, but not forcing it. As it seems, you are doing it fine already.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000