Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Recommended QiGong books
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  1:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

I'm interested in learning more about QiGong. Can anyone recommend some books to get me started?

Thanks very much

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  4:42:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The best one I know of is Qigong for Total Wellness by Baolin Wu. Really intuitive and informative, and a deep basic practice.

http://www.amazon.com/Gong-Total-We...82151&sr=8-1

Another is an ebook which teaches Primordial Qigong by Donald Rubbo. PQ is an effective yet simple qigong form.

http://www.cultivatechi.com/home/primordial.html

Another aspect in qigong is microcosmic circulation. I haven't personally practiced from any books on that, but Yang Jwing Ming's Small Circulation DVD was pretty informative. I bet the book would be even more so.

And the most important thing is embryonic breathing! Yang Jwing Ming's book on that is a must have.

http://www.ymaa.com/publishing
Go to Top of Page

solo

USA
167 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  4:49:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit solo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been practicing Zhan Zhuang style qigong for 2+ years. Making big stides presently. The book is called "The Way of Energy" by Master Lam Cam Chuen. Fairly easy to perform this style without an instructor or a video.
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  10:48:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I will definitely check those out. Especially the embryonic breathing book. It seems very interesting.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  11:54:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't be overwhelmed by the size. My advice is just go to the section on how to practice, and do natural and reverse methods. The rest is just for understanding, which is worthless in comparison to actually practicing.
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  2:23:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott,

Do you actually practice the Embryonic Breathing, or other QiGung Methods? Do you find that they integrate well with the AYP system? Do you do it on a daily basis like ayp practices?
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  4:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I practice the methods in that book, as well as others (Kunlun). I think natural breathing goes very well with every system out there...but I don't practice AYP anymore. Peace.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000