Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Sleeping difficulty/checking in
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  8:34:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It's been about a month now since I've been doing the AYP system.

I've been doing spinal beathing 10 mins, 30 minute deep meditation, twice a day, if I have time sometimes three times a day. Many have rightfully warned about overload, however things are going smoothly and integrating properly.

The practice is very potent. My sensitivity is high and I'm getting notable energetic movement up and down the sushamana.

Is difficult sleeping a byproduct or perhaps an overload symptom? When I lie down to bed at night I'm just WIDE awake. Not really thinking, but just not tired. The prana up the spine also seems to be most active when I lay down at night. Naturually I notice this which intensifies it.

I'm not complaining, nor am I neccessarily wanting it to go away.

It's definately a sign that transmutation is occuring.

Having spent so many years in impotent practice I'm filled with gratitude.

Thank you Yogani for making such a fruitful practice available to the multitudes and of course to all the members of this board who so dilligently answer and address mine and others issues.

J

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  9:19:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
How close to bed time is your second practice?

Although it does not affect everyone, some people are really sensitive to the high energy and can have trouble sleeping.

http://www.aypsite.org/226.html
Meditating before eating is preferred, so meditation will not be competing with digestion. An hour or more after eating is okay too. But close to bedtime is not recommended, as it can lead to restless nights. Meditation is preparation for activity, not sleep. Daily activity helps stabilize the inner silence and ecstatic energy brought up during meditation, pranayama, and other practices. That is why we meditate before the morning meal and before the evening meal. Then we have some good activity afterward, which is the right dual cycle of meditation and activity each day, producing the most efficient progress.

Hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  9:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti,

My gratitude to you...
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  9:34:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Wakeupneo ... and you are welcome.
Here's wishing you a good night's sleep tonight.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  12:28:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is difficult sleeping a byproduct or perhaps an overload symptom?

It was the same for me at one month. It settled down after a few weeks of high energy levels and I've slept well ever since.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000