AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 lighter chin pump
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  11:19:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

Currently I do 2 turns Sun Salutation, 5mins SBP and 20mins DM sitting in Siddhasana. I would like to start Chin Pump as I feel it will help me balance some energy problems I'm having around my heart and throat.

I wanted to ask you If I can practice Chin Pump without having Mulabandha, Uddiyana and Sambhavi in place. So my chin pump is going to be only holding the breath, attention through the third eye and rotating the head.

Please let me know your thoughts and thank you in advance.

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  2:58:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes of course, take it lightly at first and follow your inner guidance. Chin pump is a powerful practice and should be learned gently.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  4:37:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi kaserdar:

It should also be mentioned that "chin pump lite" does not include breath retention (kumbhaka). This is the primary distinction between regular chin pump and chin pump lite, with the first being more powerful than the second.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2010 :  9:38:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with Victor, ease and comfort of practice is important. And Yogani is right, if you are going to go lite, don't do kumbhaka.
Here is the lesson on Chin Pump Lite. Hope this helps.
Lesson 144 - Q&A – Chin pump lite (without kumbhaka)
Go to Top of Page

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2010 :  04:19:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your responses. So I'll go without kumbhaka first then after a while will be adding it.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000