AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 From Onions to Pearls
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  1:53:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just wanted to say a big Thank you, if there was anyone through this site who sent a book to me. It's a great book about one man's awakening journey! Thank you so much, it has been a great weekend reading it! Very humorous, hands on, no fuss, and even though it's only based on his experience it's still very informative. Of course - contradicting some stuff that variety have shown us here on AYP!

http://www.amazon.com/Onions-Pearls...p/156170587X

Edited by - emc on Apr 18 2010 1:54:34 PM

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2010 :  5:31:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'd take the "already there no practice necessary" take on things with caution. What many 'sages' of this persuasion fail to remind one is that they too practiced a sadhana, even one that is nontraditional. Further, its not just that one knows one is already there, there are subtle changes in the physiology and mind. There are actual cognitive changes. Its like standing on a mountain top after being in the valley one's whole life.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2010 :  04:09:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, he is contradicting himself through out the book - as many realized beings does, I have noticed. First landing in the "all spiritual practices are futile - it all happens only by Grace and Destiny", and then on several pages describing how he himself was "softened" and prepared by all his years of spiritual practices...

It's very interesting to see how the memory-mind-conclusion-logical-ability seems to totally flip after realization.

Another contradictory thing is that he is arrogantly saying that all the great Indian sages he read before seemed to still have a split - making a difference between themselves and the "Source" - as if they really had not gotten the Oneness properly. And then throughout the book, he is constantly referring to himself as someone who is in some sort of relationship to Source.

He is obviously not creating life - source is presenting life to him spontaneously. He is not knowing what is going to happen next - Source and the great intelligence has it all done perfectly anyway etc etc. He is describing how Source is able to take in experiences from ALL billions of human beings at the same time, and then we have all animals and plants etc etc on top of that. And then we have the beings in the rest of the universe... And yet - he is just caught in his own appearances through the individualized consciousness travelling in that particular body/mind vehicle. So - he can't be Source - yet being one with the Source...

I get the picture of the Tree and the Leaves. When realizing, we see that we are One with the Tree and the tree is all there is, but we are still individual leaves. How the Tree functions as allmighty Awareness of it ALL simultaneously, intelligently making all pieces of the puzzle function smoothly, still seems to be a mystery to the leaf.

Edited by - emc on Apr 27 2010 05:27:58 AM
Go to Top of Page

Jo-self

USA
225 Posts

Posted - Apr 28 2010 :  10:15:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jo-self's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What usually happens, and I'm speculating here, is that people get a taste of Realization. It can last a minute, day, or weeks. And, it is so overwhelming that it colors one wholes life. Thus, the real realization becomes the philosophy. However, philosophy based on it is contradictory and really useless. That's why certain esoteric approaches are embraced, one is trying to reembody the Truth.

My recommendation is to just let it go. Take a path and just do it. When the time is ripe, the View will come again. Most important, don't confuse people. I think in the Bhagavad-Gita Krishna tells Arjuna, the wise do not speak of these things to those who are not ready. Or Jesus says, don't feed pearls to swine. Not that the Truth should not be discussed and shared but that there are better ways to do it then these "practice is not necessary" sales people are doing.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000