Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Hey there
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2010 :  2:02:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Thank you Yogani for your teachings.
It was definitively a turning point in my life when I started with the practice.
I am doing ayp for about 2,5 years now. The silence is now my guiding principle in life.
From the silence arise all answers to the questions I have and had.

I am fortunate to live a simple and calm life.
When I finished my studies at the university questions came up like "Why I am here?" or "What I am supposed to do here" and this questions led to me ayp. I remember staring at the sky for hours sometimes and looking for answers.
Since I am working only half-time as scientific assistant I have enough time to pursue my spiritual development. I am now 31

Thank you
Jean

Edited by - jean on Apr 16 2010 6:46:32 PM

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  12:46:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Jean. We're very glad you're here. Simple and calm sounds good. Meditating for 2.5 years...very good....

blessings,
Kathy
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Apr 17 2010 :  10:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to here, Jean

Hope you're enjoying the ride so far!

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Apr 18 2010 :  1:52:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the welcome.
Yeah I am enjoying the ride so far, sometimes a bit bumpy but I guess this adds a little excitement.
Once you hit the wall hard, you know when to stop/self-pace.

Jean

Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2010 :  8:43:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
What I have noticed is that the silence comes in waves. In the beginning lasting only a few days.
Now its like several weeks. Since I've started AYP I would say my daily mind chatter has dropped about 70%.
Its amazing how such a simple procedure like the IAM meditation can have such a huge impact.

Have a nice Earth Day people.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  8:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Silence feels now like a big black hole. Whatever arises in the moment gets swallowed by the big black hole immediately.
There is no escape from it as it grows by whatever it swallowed.
Only the watcher remains...
Go to Top of Page

Yonatan

Israel
849 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2010 :  9:50:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow jean, thanks for sharing, (:

Sounds happy.

Happy Journeys
Go to Top of Page

tomllee

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  1:40:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jean, Thanks for your comments. I find them very encouraging. How long were you meditating before the silence became a significant influence in your daily life. Thanks for any response!!!
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  5:01:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by tomllee

Jean, Thanks for your comments. I find them very encouraging. How long were you meditating before the silence became a significant influence in your daily life. Thanks for any response!!!

I started with ayp about 3 years ago. I would say that after about a year I noticed a major rise of silence. But of course it is a very individual and subtle process, as yogani says it is likely that others will notice your change first before you do.

Good luck on your journey,
Jean
Go to Top of Page

tomllee

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2010 :  7:33:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks much, Jean! I started about 21 months ago and am amazed at the activity in my chakras and how meditating, acitivity in the chakras, what I've read in Yogani's publications, spontaneous ideas and observations of chakra activity, and input from this forum (like yours) have moved me steadily toward deeper, more constant bliss and slowly but surely greater time in that beautiful silence. It all still comes and goes and varies by degree, but as I keep meditating it keeps coming more than going and growing ever more intense.
Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

and Good Luck on your journey as well!
Tommy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000