Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 No Visualization Skills
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ConsciousEvolution

India
29 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  08:52:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit ConsciousEvolution's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello,

For the life of me I canĀ“t visualize.
Should I work on my visualization skills so that I can do some visualizing during Spinal Breathing?

What I've been doing so far is to simply put as much awareness as possible in the spine and move up and down in that way with the breath. I don't always get tacticle feedback in the spine but the brain and brow center are usually responsive. Is that okay?

Love and Light.

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  09:25:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, yes, it seems you're doing it right according to your abilities.
It's possible that in time there will be more awareness and more "resolution" in feeling the spinal nerve.
You're beginning at the root and finishing at the brow, which is very important. Whatever is happening inbetween is ok if you're always favoring the practice.
Enjoy
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  09:57:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You're not alone. A lot of us struggle with visualization. I can't intentionally visualize anything with any high degree of success. However, one thing I've noticed is that if you just do the practice honestly to whatever degree you are capable the details will come eventually. I often have visualizations of my inner anatomy now while I practice SBP, but the moment I notice it, it will go away.
Go to Top of Page

Arjuna

USA
69 Posts

Posted - Apr 06 2010 :  11:15:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
8 months of practice, and I am still unable to visualize the spinal nerve. But what I have stumbled upon during my spinal breathing pranayama is the following:
I use ujjayi breathing during SBP, which creates a sound within my throat that is similar to the rumble of distant thunder. Just recently, this sound has begun to create a subtle vibration that seems to be spreading out along my spinal pathway. It is most intense at the throat area, and fades in vibratory intensity as it travels towrads muladhara chakra area...but it is something tangible, and helps me to trace a pathway using the auditory tool of sound and vibration rather than a visual tool.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000