Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 what practice to do if you have little time?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Amdor

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  04:03:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amdor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

my question is what practice to do if you have little time because you've overslept or something?

my morning program is:
First mahamudra 5 min.

then( pranayama /Dynamic Jalandhara 12min
(With mulabandha and Kechari mudra and Sambhavi )

DM 15/20 min.

spinal breathing/Yoni mudra kumbhaka 10 min.
(With mulabandha and Kechari mudra and Sambhavi )

in the afternoon the same set of exercises.
(in the evening 15min So Hum meditation )

as you can see this takes approximately 50 minutes to complete,
and sometimes i only have 30 min.

so what is the most important to do if you have little time?

Only do pranayama /Dynamic Jalandhara and 20 min DM ? or reduce the time of all?

Thanks for your time .

Amdor

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  09:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yogani explain it in this lesson:
http://www.aypsite.org/209.html

Basically, meditation is the key practice and you should try and keep as much time as you can for meditation. Make sure you keep a few min for resting after meditation... then adjust the rest of your practices. Here is an example given by Yogani in the lesson I quoted above.

If we are doing spinal breathing and meditation, followed by a few minutes of rest while coming out, it is not difficult to tailor our practice to a time limitation. Say we are doing 10 minutes of spinal breathing, 20 minutes of meditation, and 5 minutes of rest. That is a 35 minute routine. Then one day we may find ourselves with only 15 minutes to work with. We can just do 10 minutes of meditation, rest for a few minutes and get up. We can also put a few minutes of spinal breathing in front. If we know we will be short on time, we can start with some light "walking" spinal breathing before we get to our seat. If we have to choose between spinal breathing and meditation, we always choose meditation. One thing we do not do is combine spinal breathing and deep meditation at the same time. The reasons for that are discussed early in the lessons.
Go to Top of Page

Amdor

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2010 :  10:40:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Amdor's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Shanti
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000