Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Tools of the AYP
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Smileyogi

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  04:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smileyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi guys..
I was just reading couple posts,and right when someone asked a question..he was directed to read some,,main lessons,, or whatever.

Could someone in plain english explain to me what makes the AYP so practical,in comparison with Zen meditation or raja yoga ,pranayama,or the others like sufi meditation?

I mean..it must be something very different in Yogani's approach of this stuff...
Otherwise we'd not be talking over here about...
The main point is this..what is the difference between the old indian yoga breath manipulation traditions,or the old buddhist watching the breath to get to emptiness,or the japanese Zen of being in the present,with Yogani's discoveries?

I want to pinpoint exactly what Yogani does differently ..and not tell me to read some,,main lessons,, or whatever.
Anyone can help me with this dilema I have?

Please I need help..in couple words,what he does that the buddhists don't do,or the yogis don't do?..
What are the tools of AYP which the other monks miss in their meditation practice(or yogis)?

There is any secret knowledge that the buddhists would benefit if they learn the AYP?
Help me Obi One Kanobi..you're my only help(quote from the original Star-wars movie.)
Much love to you all:)
danny
ps..and if you tell me to read ,,some main lessons,, and explain nothing,I swear I'll go nuts...you explain this time...I'll read later..you explain in couple words,and I'll be happy...that's all.

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  05:57:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, the main thing in AYP is it's integration of several very powerful methods, especially deep meditation and spinal breathing. The mechanism of these techniques is described from the point of view of the practitioner, so that they can be used easily and added at a pace one's comfortable with. Everyone manages (self-paces) the practices for themselves. So there's almost always something to add if you wish to intensify the practice and you ease up when you need to. This makes the journey rather quick.

There's really no one secret technique or knowledge, apart from knowing your Self, which shines through naturally as the purification process inside you advances :) ... The broad integration of practices in AYP is for that.

By the way, the Main Lessons - http://www.aypsite.org/MainDirectory.html - are a really useful and important thing if you want to know about AYP :)

AYP and it's structure is really well covered in the little 8 Limbs of Yoga book - http://www.aypsite.org/books-8limbs-contents.html

Take care :)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  07:32:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Smileyogi

ps..and if you tell me to read ,,some main lessons,, and explain nothing,I swear I'll go nuts...you explain this time...I'll read later..you explain in couple words,and I'll be happy...that's all.

If your head hasn't popped yet...... I will add to the awesome reply Tadaes has given by quoting from here...
quote:

Advanced Yoga Practices(AYP) is an open and integrated system of advanced yoga practices. It integrates principles and streamlines practices from bhakti yoga, mantra yoga, kriya yoga, raja yoga, hatha yoga, kundalini yoga and tantra techniques.

Whereas AYP has not introduced new yoga practices, it has departed from the usual pattern of yoga teaching, in which the advanced practices are kept secret and only revealed under the guidance of a guru.

Anyone following the AYP techniques is encouraged to go at their own speed in taking on new practices; much attention is devoted in the lessons to developing skills in “self-pacing,” with the aim of assisting every practitioner to become self-sufficient in yoga. This contrasts with the more traditional approach in which a guru sets the pace for the practitioner. All of the instruction are available for free at www.aypsite.com and also has free support forums.

Teachings:

You will find all the teachings of AYP in main lessons and tantra lessons. The two main practices in AYP are deep meditation (for inner silence) and spinal breathing (for balanced ecstatic conductivity). The lessons concentrate on cultivating the two components of enlightenment with a variety of practices. Many other practices like Mulabandha/Asvini, Sambhavi Mudra, Siddhasana, Yoni Mudra Kumbhaka, Uddiyana/Nauli, Kechari Mudra, Chin Pump (Dynamic Jalandhara), Samyama, navi kriya, yoni chin pump, are added to build on the ongoing progress cultivated by the two core practices.

Key concepts :

* “The guru is in you” : The phrase is intended as a constant reminder that your enlightenment depends on you more than anyone, because it is only through your desire and action that divine experience can rise in you. What happens outside is a reflection of what is happening inside, not the other way around. This is the meaning of, “The guru is in you.” If we long deeply inside, we will attract the teachings we need. The guru is a flow of consciousness that begins in us, travels outward on our desire, connects outer knowledge, and then expands inside us as the knowledge is applied.

* Self-pacing:
A lot of stress is put on self-pacing in practices. Main reason for this is that each person has a unique capacity for purification. Self-pacing is for determining how much practice is enough for a safe and enjoyable rise of kundalini , and how much is too much.

* Scenery: The process of purification and opening of the nervous system can result in visions, sounds, energy, feelings, which are called scenery. Experiences are a good sign of progress in the journey to enlightenment, but it is practices that moves us forward. So, enjoy the “scenery”, however, after an admiring look at the passing scenery, no matter how beautiful, always go back to the practice.

* Paying it forward: Yogani calls AYP a “pay it forward” project. It is his thank you to all the great ones who have taught and forwarded yoga before. His request to all who want to thank him is to continue with daily yoga practices, enjoy the results and if this has helped you, pass the word about the lessons, go out and help people in need… share your good will. And then, if they are obliged, tell them to go help others.

* Horizontal teaching: This is a concept in where in people pass their practices and experiences on to others in everyday life, as well as in the classroom and yoga studio. The lessons, by themselves, can inspire and empower people to take up yoga practices. When you add to this real people who are experiencing the effects of the practices, and you have all you need for “horizontal teaching.”. If every candle can light a few candles, pretty soon, all the candles will be lit”. This is the mathematics of spreading good in an exponentially expanding way.

Books/publications :

* Advanced Yoga Practices – Easy Lessons for Ecstatic Living covers the main practices in detail.
* The Secrets of Wilder – A Novel
* Deep Meditation – Pathway to Personal Freedom
* Spinal Breathing Pranayama – Journey to Inner Space
* Tantra – Discovering the Power of Pre-Orgasmic Sex
* Asanas, Mudras & Bandhas – Awakening Ecstatic Kundalini
* Samyama – Cultivating Stillness in Action, Siddhis and Miracles
* Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli – Yogic Nutrition & Cleansing for Health and Spirit
* Self-Inquiry – Dawn of the Witness and the End of Suffering
* Bhakti & Karma Yoga – The Science of Devotion and Liberation Through Action
* Eight Limbs of Yoga – The Structure and Pacing of Self-Directed Spiritual Practice

Founder:

Born in New York, Yogani grew up Christian in the 1950s and 60s, securing an education in science followed by career, marriage and children. All the while he was steadily expanding from his Christian roots, systematically integrating esoteric methods from the Far East into his daily spiritual practice routine. Over thirty years later and retired, he decided to write it all down so there would be a record of his research left behind for other seekers of truth. Yogani calls himself is an American spiritual scientist and has many years’ experience in blending powerful yoga methods with the modern lifestyle. The Internet writing has evolved to become a non-sectarian website with hundreds of free lessons on spiritual techniques, as well as numerous other resources. He adamantly rejects the “guru” label. In fact, every lesson he puts on the Internet ends with, “The guru is in you.”

Hope this helps.
Welcome to the AYP forums Smileyogi.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2010 :  10:16:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hey Smiley,

I haven't read too much from the other traditions, so these are just my favorite parts of Yogani's writings that I don't think are covered as well elsewhere.

The theory of ecstatic conductivity, overload, and self pacing. The idea that this is a gradual process of purification and opening rather than an all or nothing feat of incredible will power. That along with the de-mystification of energy experiences. Stripping it down to just practices, without any esoteric stories or metaphors around it. Providing a framework of practices that is simple and under the practitioner's own control. Leaving that framework open to individual preferences and experimentation.

In truth, I think any program that gets the practitioner to meditate (any method) and do breathing exercises (any method) twice per day would be effective. But most programs don't provide the framework of understanding about what the practices are doing overall, about what the energy experiences are and how to handle them, and about how to stay in it for the long run.

Yogani's approach is not different from any of the other traditions. It's a do it yourself compilation of all the best practices he's discovered over the years, along with his own opinions on what it all means, and his own troubleshooting guide for it all.

:) JDH
Go to Top of Page

Smileyogi

Australia
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2010 :  04:23:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Smileyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys (and ladies)..your replies were great!!(and that's what I was looking for,sincere replies)..you have convinced me to read the ,,main lessons,,.Haleluyah!
My whole idea in life was to integrate various systems and get the naked truth shining like a cactus flower in the desert of ignorance.
Yogani has done that so far..much love to him for creating this realm.
Again..thank you all for explaining,and long live the AYP(and prosper)
love,the kripto mahayogi.
danny;)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000