Soma
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  12:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
namaste friends,

if it's possible i would appreciate if people who are familiar with soma and the nectar cycle could share their experiences precisely on soma in this topic.

last week i had a powerful and very beautiful experience similar to those which happen every time a plexus opens... up till now the trip has been down from the crown then the ajna then the heart and now the solar plexus... but it goes without saying that the root is definitely opened... why is it in this order i really i don't know...

anyways the last opening at the solar plexus due to the last DM enhancement seems to have triggered a new process in my stomach or made the whole process of the nectar cycle much more powerful... and it's mostly very present during the first 4 to 5 hours after my DM session.

my experience with soma is the following: it's very intoxicating and this is really happening and sometimes to the extremes where i am forced to be silent and i can't talk too much or else the symptoms will become stronger and at other times there is whole body intoxication and all of this is actually good but sometimes a bit too good... but something which intrigues me about the whole process is the taste; i've read that the taste is supposed to be mint-like but over here it's not like that and instead it's kind of a heavy taste mixed with the taste of inner silence...

would appreciate any input

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  2:03:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

my experience with soma is the following: it's very intoxicating and this is really happening and sometimes to the extremes where i am forced to be silent and i can't talk too much or else the symptoms will become stronger and at other times there is whole body intoxication and all of this is actually good but sometimes a bit too good... but something which intrigues me about the whole process is the taste; i've read that the taste is supposed to be mint-like but over here it's not like that and instead it's kind of a heavy taste mixed with the taste of inner silence...

would appreciate any input

What do you mean by heavy taste Ananda? Metallic?

Here is my experience of it. It is very similar to yours.
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....D=5395#48190
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

A few months back I went through a phase of increased soma production (after every meal and meditation had a feeling of being gassy, bloated), and this would be accompanied by the production of large amounts of amrita. This lasted for about two or three weeks after which I have been experiencing a constant flow of amrita. There is a sweet very slightly minty taste in my mouth all the time.. which increases with meditation, energy practices and kechari.

At first when the constant amrita experience started, it felt like being on Oxycodone. It was a feeling of being high (intoxicated), a feeling of well-being, a cut back in thoughts making me feel completely present. I felt very clear headed and completely grounded when I was engaged in activity, however when I sat down to watch TV or meditate.. I felt really high (floating) and fuzzy headed for a few mins followed by the fuzzy headedness being replaced by a very focused/meditative state, a state of being very present.

I talked to Yogani about the intoxicating effects of amrita and he said, amrita can be very intoxicating, however since it is produced by the body in a few days the body gets used to the high. And sure enough, after 2 or 3 weeks of feeling intoxicated, the "high" feeling was gone, however, the feeling of presence and amazing clarity is still very much here.

I was pleasantly surprised to read about amrita (the Biology of Kundalini) after experiencing it (I am quoting a small part, read the rest of the article.. it's very interesting).

http://biologyofkundalini.com/artic...rystalPalace
The Crystal Palace

The opiate substance secreted from the pineal gland during Samadhi has been variously called Nectar of the Gods, ambrosia, amrita, and the Living Water. Gurus like Sai Baba claim to materialize amrita and can shaktipat others into generating their own nectar. It is said that to experience amrita is to be bestowed with immortality, that is to be freed from the cycle of birth and death...hence liberated. The term Amrita is Sanskrit for "elixir of immortality," it literally means "deathlessness". This has obvious parallels to "ambrosia" the name of the classical Greek "food of the gods" which means "no death."

During shaktipat, inner-conjunction or through initiation in meditation this nectar is produced and drips down the back of the throat. Perhaps an associated phenomena to the generation of the nectar, is the intense light of a Thousand Suns that occurs sometimes during its "manufacture." This secretion gives one the experience of Timelessness, and being a divine God or Goddess. It is "sweet" in taste and in sensation--it is described as nectar, honey, gold dust, euphoric, ecstatic, intoxicating and gives the feeling of being imbued with holiness.

"My own experience of amrit is that it started to occur to me during times of very concentrated, long periods of sitting meditation, and usually happened while practicing the Khedari Mudra (tongue upward on palate). It would then occur spontaneously without the mudra and at times during the day for no apparent good reason. There is a definite sweet taste involved with a sort of swell of ecstasy experienced as well that can last for hours, perhaps days. It is always extremely pleasant and 'heightening'. The subject/object perspective can stay largely intact while experiencing 'Amrit' and one can remain highly functional (as opposed to a samadhi that transcends all body awareness). I do not recall ever being aware of amrit during a heightened experience of inner light (which tends to drown out and overwhelm any other perception)." ~ Michael Roark

Another article from the same site:
http://biologyofkundalini.com/artic...rtConnection

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  3:45:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Shweta, and thank you for sharing... i wanted to mention the amrita aspect as well, cz kechari is really doing some serious flowing.

concerning the experiences they sound pretty much the same, but the taste is different. i can't say that it's exactly as the taste of metal but that might be close... when i got back from work i wrote this post and then afterwords i was too much intoxicated i had to go to sleep... and since yesterday i've been having dreams of merging with stuff... now i'm up with the taste back and it's kind of lighter then before...

it all seems pretty much the same in general, so i'll go with it.

much thanks Shweta and appreciate the links

namaste(f)
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  5:17:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

My experience with Soma and the Nectar is also very similar to yours and Shantis.

2-3 years ago the intoxication from it was so strong I could not keep my eyes open when it happened. After a while it happened every time I ate or drank something, and this caused me to go into Samadhi during meals..........which was not very practical. If I was in restaurants or with people I was not able to keep my eyes open no matter how hard I tried......

Eventually....I learned not to indulge in the energy experiences on an overall basis....and the body got used to the high....so now there is only the taste and the "fluid" inside...

The taste is sweet and mint-like.
But over the years I have also tasted the kind of metally taste you talked about. It would sometimes come during meals too.

Amrita is also tasted in the chest here......didn't know there was "taste buds" there....but there you go.......it is a crisp...fresh...mint-like taste that I also see with the color turquoise and deep magenta blue.....both at the same time.....

Anyway....the melting (merging)....I am very familiar with this. It is like falling into everything i look at. Just like falling inwards with the mantra.

Falling into the Shine....and then into the darkness....eyes open

Quiet...quiet....quiet
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  5:19:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Ananda

i can't say that it's exactly as the taste of metal but that might be close... when i got back from work i wrote this post and then afterwords i was too much intoxicated i had to go to sleep... and since yesterday i've been having dreams of merging with stuff... now i'm up with the taste back and it's kind of lighter then before...

I have noticed that the taste of amrita becomes metallic or sour when I am dehydrated. Are you drinking enough water? During the days of high soma production, it helps to double the water intake.
And yes, rest as much as possible if that is what the body is pulling you toward. Just listen to you body, it knows what to do.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  5:48:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I have noticed that the taste of amrita becomes metallic or sour when I am dehydrated. Are you drinking enough water? During the days of high soma production, it helps to double the water intake.

That's great advise Shanti - thanks

There is a tendency here to drink to little water.....and yes....the taste in the mouth will be metallic and.....stringent in a way .....when there is dehydration here too.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  5:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
much thanks Katrine and Shweta, your posts are helping and they are good indicators that what i am going through is part of the process... and looking back at it Shweta there used to be a mint like taste coming and going before all this happened... and concerning the water subject you're right my intake of water has substantially reduced somehow...

and yes Katrine i can feel the nectar's taste in the chest as well, and the taste definitely differs according to food intake. after practices on an empty stomach it's very light and after food intake it's more heavy.

namaste(f)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  6:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I completely missed your post Katrine.
We cross posted.

Yes, the minty feeling/taste rises from the solar plexus up the chest all the way to the mouth. In the heart aera it feels like it is radiating outward.. and has a flavor of a nice green (mint leaves) color.
(Ha ha ... people reading will wonder how you can taste color in the heart!!!!... dunno how but this the the best way to describe the experience.)

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  12:52:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
i don't want to exaggerate but this thing is whoaaaaa.... and the DM is something else... during this morning session a coolness spread out from the solar center up toward the head and it's still here now and pretty intoxicating in a very lovely way.

in the solar enhancement post i named this flow of soma "wine of silence", and during this morning session it hit me why i used this term... some suffi muslims use it a lot (not so much in the path i used to follow "Al Qassimiah") and i used to think that it referred to the flow of light and ecstasy but it refers to this source i have no doubt about it now looking back at the suffi poems i used to read.

Hafez Al Shirazy is a good example which comes to mind:
quote:
Central to the interpretation of Hafiz that Browne so laments is the understanding of the symbolism of wine. As Inayat Khan observes, "The word 'wine' is often used, and according to the mystic each person drinks a wine peculiar to himself. Hafiz pictures the whole world as a wine-press, and every person takes that wine which is in accord with his own evolution. The wine of one is not the wine of another. He wishes to express the idea that every person, whether evolved or ignorant, whether honest or dishonest, whether he realizes it or not, whether he has great belief or no belief at all, is in every case taking a certain wine. It is the type of intoxication produced by that particular wine which is his individuality, and when a person changes, he does so by drinking another wine. Every different kind of wine changes the outlook on life, and every change in life is like taking a different wine" (pp. 152-153).

source:
quote:
http://www.thesongsofhafiz.com/mysteries.htm

L&L,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  01:01:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
concerning my old suffi path, i stopped practicing the way but i still have the same feelings of love and gratitude for the dear brother and sheikh who taught me and his beloved sheikh Abou El Qassem Abou El Kheir whom i have a lot of devotion to... much love beloved ones(f)
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  01:07:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey ! That's what I experienced the other day !! I wrote that it tasted like mountain-spring water, right from the source; it was clear, light with a nectarish quality, but not sweet.

Gees! I keep learning so much on this site - Thank you all.

Actually, I now have a big smile on my face and I'm thinking "Oh to finally be released from the cycle of life and death !" I remember even as a child I always insisted that I do not want to go to heaven; I do not want to reincarnate; I do not want to go any place else, be anything else, I simply want to die and stay dead.

It is still my wish.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  05:29:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I completely missed your post Katrine.
We cross posted.

Yes, the minty feeling/taste rises from the solar plexus up the chest all the way to the mouth. In the heart aera it feels like it is radiating outward.. and has a flavor of a nice green (mint leaves) color.
(Ha ha ... people reading will wonder how you can taste color in the heart!!!!... dunno how but this the the best way to describe the experience.)

Om Shanti Shanti Shanti
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  05:40:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

You already know this poem....but here it is anyway....by the awsome Rumi:

Where Are All the Others?

Those full of fear are not really on the way.
Everyone here is a king. No servants.

The wave can never be afraid of the ocean.
Inside that motion, how can anything be “other?”

When you feel separate, you’re in your imagination.
Saints are the lights we see within this

exquisite fluid, and I’m not talking
about the elements! There’s a light

that’s the opposite of fire, as white to black.
When what I’m pointing to arrives,

there’s no trace of burning. Don’t ask
for a lineage of revelation, or explication

of texts, or rules of morality. There’s nothing
here but love and mystery. Welcome to the tavern

where drunkards get sober and transparent,
until they disappear altogether in the face

of the one they love. Whatever loosens the taste
of their joy comes new with each breath.

In this orchard, and for the garden we farm,
there’s no summer or winter. Roses open

every direction. This world’s existence
is one night long. There’s a great lively

gathering that night, but some people sleep
through it. Anyone who has seen the Beloved

wonders, “Where are all the others?” This
has nothing to do with thinking or belief.

Bahauddin, you’ve been left here alone
without your father, the great Mevlana.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  06:43:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
(f)
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  01:41:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
since yesterday non stop up till now and the nectar has been exactly as Yogani says in this lesson: http://www.aypsite.org/133.html "sweet with a fragrance like flowers" and when it happened i remembered you Dear Shweta and your experience with it and it seems that i took that with me to my sleep where i dreamed that i was being helped or given an advise by you in my dream yesterday night on a plane.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  07:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

There is very high energy around(can be unsettling at times), and nectar just flows...
Well it was Buddha Jayanti on the 27th.
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  10:55:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have read that Prahlad Jani is living from that nectar only.
He was under medical observation several times and the medical staff confirmed that he has not taken any food or water for the time of observation.
Quite amazing.
http://www.amazingabilities.com/amaze5a.html
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Apr 29 2010 :  11:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Jean, i don't think i am anywhere near this state (even though the nectar is very abundant) nor am i interested really i'd rather enjoy have food with my loved ones

mucht thanks for the topic.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2010 :  9:04:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Shanti

And yes, rest as much as possible if that is what the body is pulling you toward. Just listen to you body, it knows what to do.

Thanks. I will up my water intake!
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 05 2010 :  01:35:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lovely of you to open up this subject again bewell, I have stopped kechari for quite a while now and i must admit that the process has really toned down a lot. But a beautiful thing have been taking place for a while now, the sweet like flowery taste in the mouth has been spreading out from my skin and i could taste it and smell it very clearly and some of my friends and the people around me have noticed it and smelled it as well especially the spiritual ones (for some reason when i am around friends whom i teach this process along with others tend to take place.)

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

wakeupneo

USA
171 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2011 :  10:51:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit wakeupneo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does the nectar go away after a certain period?

Noticed that after an initial period of perhaps 3-4 months where the taste was powerful and potent constantly, it has faded substantially.

The sweetness is barely even there anymore, what remains is like a cool sensation, with a very mild, almost metallic taste.

Just wondering if this is natural or if some sensitivity has been lost on my end.

thanks for all the loving responses...
j

Edited by - wakeupneo on Jan 10 2011 10:56:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rishi

USA
37 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  01:49:27 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is same for me as well Neo - cool and metallic (after six months or so). It is accompanied by a cool sensation near the crown chakra.

But strangely I haven't felt the intoxicating effect - it is calming but definitely not intoxicating ... or perhaps all those years of wine tasting has altered my threshold of intoxication :)

Greetings
Rishi

Edited by - Rishi on Jan 11 2011 02:11:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  02:52:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
For me the taste has changed ever since I stopped kechari, but all of the above mentioned tastes still come and go every now and then.

Love,
Ananda
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  10:26:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wakeupneo
...almost metallic taste.

Shanti has written that the matalic taste is an indication of the need to drink more water. My experience confirms it.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2011 :  12:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wakeupneo

Does the nectar go away after a certain period?

Noticed that after an initial period of perhaps 3-4 months where the taste was powerful and potent constantly, it has faded substantially.

The sweetness is barely even there anymore, what remains is like a cool sensation, with a very mild, almost metallic taste.

Just wondering if this is natural or if some sensitivity has been lost on my end.

thanks for all the loving responses...
j

It will come and go for a bit. Then at one point it becomes constant. And yes, what Bewell said, the metallic and/or sour taste can happen due to dehydration, so drinking extra water helps.
Go to Top of Page

Inner_silence

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2012 :  09:13:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I went for my early morning workout today. I felt a mild headache which I ignored and while climbing Jacob's ladder my attention was drawn to a cool minty fluid, almost gaseous (without the mint smell) coming down my sinus flowing through the throat. It tasted a little sweet but not like fructose. I was curious as to what it could be. So I checked this forum out. Thanks for posting your experiences. I still do not know what I experienced fully since I lost track due to my morning schedule.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000