Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Pranayam, Spinal breathing and its effects
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aypsisya

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2010 :  11:35:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit aypsisya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,

When I do pranayama and spinal breathing techniques combined. I feel that there is a lot of blood flow throught out the body.

I feel so excited, and also have lot of erections. Is this something normal ?

I believe the Yogi's who has been doing this since thousands of years back must have definitely realized this potential, but how were they be able to abstinate from sex ? when they received this level of energy ? because this is very tempting.

Does pranayam really have this potency ?

Am I doing something wrong here ? kindly shed some light please.

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2010 :  06:42:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi aypsisya

quote:
When I do pranayama and spinal breathing techniques combined. I feel that there is a lot of blood flow throught out the body.

I feel so excited, and also have lot of erections. Is this something normal ?

Pranayama....."restraint of breath"....and the attention going up (slow inhaling) and down (slow exhaling) the visualized (or actually seen) thread-like tube that is the spinal nerve will increase the flow of Prana in the body (and stimulate the rise of ecstatic conductivity - Kundalini) - so yes, what you experience is quite normal.

quote:
I believe the Yogi's who has been doing this since thousands of years back must have definitely realized this potential, but how were they be able to abstinate from sex ? when they received this level of energy ? because this is very tempting.

Well - I cannot answer for the Yogis of ancient times........but in the AYP system we do not force ourselves to abstain from sex; rather it is something that may or may not happen naturally (according to our inclinations) as we concistently keep up a twice daily practice of deep meditation, spinal breathing pranayama, samyama etc. To be sexually active does not stand in the way of enlightenment. We just have to focus on being wise about it. And the wiseness is cultivated through deep meditation. Inner silence knows how to act wisely. So....as we steadily keep up our practices our choices differ over time. This includes our sexual interactions.

In AYP we don't force the state of bramacharya (celibacy)
See Yoganis lesson here:

http://www.aypsite.org/T9.html

What we do focus on however, is the cultivation of sexual energy. This - and the cultivation of inner silence through deep meditation - are the two components that will join in yoga. The rise of inner silence within....and the rise of ecstatic conductivity.....the marriage/merging of these two flows as the outpouring of divne love....stillness in action. Through Spinal Breathing Pranayama the storehouse of sexual energy at the base of the spine is stimulated to "awaken". Deep Meditation also stimulates this.

So - when engaged in sexual activity, we seek to stay pre-orgasmic and not "spend the seed" (not ejaculate). The sexual energy will then travel upwards in the body and transform itself along the way.

Yes - the sensations you experience during your practice are very tempting It is however just another part of the "scenery" that can come up during practices. The actual pleasurable feeling itself is due to frictions in the nervous system......prana meeting obstructions along the way. So - it is well to remember that it is not the energy feelings themselves that is the goal of our practices. To indulge in them is natural to begin with...it is simply too pleasurable to be ignored. And just as we do not fight thoughts when they rise, neither do we fight the pleasurable feelings. But - we don't go shopping with either of them either. So - this stage will pass. In meditation this means that you gently come back to the mantra - no matter how high the level of pleasure is. When it happens outside meditation....you will learn to view the pleasurable feelings as scenery, and gently over time choose to stay with the inner silence instead. This is the experience here anyway

quote:
Does pranayam really have this potency ?

Yes - spinal breathing pranayama is a fantastic practice. It helps you birth the ecstatic conductivity in your body, and it also balances the energy along a safe root - that from root (perineum) to brow (third eye).

Prana...the life force.... is the Potency of Life
Inner silence is the vast Potential of Life ....and you are both!

quote:

Am I doing something wrong here ? kindly shed some light please.

No - you are fine But it would help to know what your practice looks like. How long do you sit for SBP...and how long do you do Deep Meditation? If the symptoms become very strong, or carried over into daily activity, you might need to self-pace. See the lesson on self-pacing in the link on the left side of your screen.

You might also find it helpful to start reading Yoganis lessons on Tantra. This will help you get a new perspective....and manage... the increase in sexual desire that you may be going through right now.

Being a woman I am not the best to shed light on the male sexual dynamics.......but hopefully you will find something useful in this post anyway.

All the best
Go to Top of Page

aypsisya

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  12:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit aypsisya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Katrine, my pranams (salutation in Indian style )

Thank you so much for your time and your reply (moulded with your experience) really helps.

I am doing SBP for 5 minutes and Pranayam for 10 minutes. My mind has now been a lot clearer after I started these practices especially the energy stuff has made me more excited, self-reliant and confident.

These are so vital truths, and if practiced by many will give them a new lease of life if done in a right way (as it so sensitive) and the greatest part is it is easily available with us and the quote realized by the yogis so aptly fits "The guru is in you"
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2010 :  05:25:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi aypsisya

Pranams (thank you for teaching me that)

quote:
I am doing SBP for 5 minutes and Pranayam for 10 minutes.

I take it you mean Deep Meditation for 10 minutes....

quote:
My mind has now been a lot clearer after I started these practices especially the energy stuff has made me more excited, self-reliant and confident.

That's great.
Yes.....it helps doesn't it......to get some direct experience of the awsomeness we are in essence! Doubt diminishes when the mind is touched by the clarity of inner silence and the ecstatic feelings enlivens the body. When mind quiets down....inspiration has a chance to make itself felt. Deep Meditation is priceless....

When one can take the new found excitement, intelligence, inspiration and confidence to help wisely keep up a twice daily deep meditation practice and balance it with an active and grounded daily life - then day by day...the inner guru.....in response to your inward turning.....rises in you....... and gradually transforms all of life into consciously being itself as it is.

One relaxes into the openness and enjoys all as it comes.....NOW

Go to Top of Page

Panthau

Austria
149 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  1:35:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Panthau's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I too want to thank you for your reply, as i had nearly the same question. After about 1 month of spinal breathing (without ujjayi), i get nearly
orgsams while doing it. Crazy stuff, so to say - but i like it :)
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2010 :  1:47:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Panthau

Good to hear that the energy is moving.

All the best with your practice
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000