Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 mantra acceleration experiments
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  8:14:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hellos,

I am a newbie and I have done some experiments with the speed of mantra in my meditation sessions today and would like to tell you and be inspired by your wisdom.

From some discussion here I realized that mantra can be used with different speeds in meditation. I know previously I have been very slow with my mantra and leaving a lot of intervals between them. This morning I tried to gently push the mantra to speed up. And it worked sort of like a electronic fan, the mantras are flashing repeatedly and I faintly, but definitely, felt the vibration and the space of the stillness is brightening up. I had a 30 minutes session and came out feeling the big smile from inside and creative.

In the evening session, I did it again. But instead of just one acceleration that lasted a couple of minutes, I had five or six. The tapping on the 3rd eye is magnified. Both the 3rd eye area and the perineum felt very warm. The breathing nearly stopped, or stopped completely and heart beats very very slow. Really good. But after the last acceleration, somehow I felt obliged to open my eyes. And once I open my eyes, I felt my heart started to beat faster and a heat just gushed up all the way from the bottom to my head. I kept my eyes open for a couple of minutes, thinking of getting back to finish the last 5 minutes of meditation. But I just couldn't do that. That's energy bouncing around in my head. So I laid down to rest for 20 minutes.

I know I pushed it too much in the 2nd session. But the only unpleasant feeling is the heart is irritated by beating fast. That lasted only for a while. Overall, I feel fine so far.

Does anyone know that's the mechanism behind the speed of mantra? Can we speed up the mantra gently by hinting to the nerve system, in order to do a faster cleansing and get to thoughtlessness quicker? Or is this the wrong direction? I am thinking of continue to experiment tomorrow for just 2 accelerations. Please warn me if this is wrong. And Please enlighten me on this subject! Namaste!

Phil

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  8:37:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I thought I should describe what happened in the resting time.
So, the energy seemed to settled down into my body. Then, there is a cool current that goes on the left side of my chest and around my heart. The current went on for a short while and then made a wave like movement and settled down into calm water of my energy field. There was previous experience of a cool air kind of thing being released from the back of my heart area. If anyone knows what this is, please enlighten me! Thanks and good luck to your practise!
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  8:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey, I'm somewhat new too.

I did read one poster in the archives who mentioned that they thought a faster mantra speed also meant faster purification.

In my opinion the speed doesn't matter very much and I just let it adjust to whatever speed I feel like in any session. So sometimes it is as fast as 80-100 times per minute and other times it is slow as 20-30 times per minute. Feel free to experiment. Play around with it, find out what you like. Don't worry about "getting there" quicker, just worry about getting there smoothly and continuously. Yogani compared it to running a marathon, or driving across the country. It is a long journey, whose destination ends up being the path.

Whatever speed you choose, it will be working. And in your case it sounds like it's working plenty fast with the kundalini surge you got. If the energy experiences become uncomfortable, lower your meditation times. But don't be too alarmed, I also had some surges, and tapping at the 3rd eye when I started, and it calmed down after a little while. It is pathways opening up.

Resting for a long time after intense sessions is very important (and even after regular sessions), so good job there.

It's up to you whether it's too soon, but pranayama apparently helps smooth out wild energy surges like you described. So if you add a few minutes of that right before meditation maybe it will keep the energy flows smoother.
Go to Top of Page

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  9:00:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey again, we posted at the same time. The energy experiences are you - they're your energy that you're accessing via meditation. The AYP practices are removing obstructions so that more ecstasy can flow through the body's pathways. It is a cleansing of the nervous system on which our bio-electricity flows. Your experience was the feeling of energy moving through a pathway that maybe you hadn't felt before. Or the release of an obstruction to its flow that was there for a long time. Sometimes the cleaning is gently. Other times it's intense. It's often quite pleasurable, and it can manifest in many ways, at anywhere in the body. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 01 2010 :  9:14:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JDH,

Thank you for supporting me and sharing your experience! Comparing to your description, my previous mantra speed is obviously on the slow side. Sometimes I feel (never counted) I was just doing a few, probably less than 10 "I Am"s in a minute. The result is either I entered into silence, or dropped into thoughts. Speeding up definitely works to keep the thought off. But sometimes, I feel it's about to get into the silence,so I somehow dropped the mantra. It seems it's fine, too.

As about the kundalini surging. I had another experience. I previously did some Taoist Qigong practice without any guidance when I was in middle school. I was really annoyed by noises and my left side felt always hotter than right side. I emailed Yogani about that. He suggested pranayama, too. So, yes, I started pranayama and it did help with the left-right imbalances. I think the surging was partially caused my stressing the "m" in "Am." As a non-native speaker, I thought my tended to drop out the "m" even at the introduction of mantra.(I understand the mantra goes fuzzy in meditation is normal.)

Just another thought: some strong abrupt noise can disturb the energy balance temporarily. At least, it was so, when the inner silence was weak, or none.

Thank you for helping!
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  01:18:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Philaboston

Hi JDH,

Sometimes I feel (never counted) I was just doing a few, probably less than 10 "I Am"s in a minute. The result is either I entered into silence, or dropped into thoughts. Speeding up definitely works to keep the thought off. But sometimes, I feel it's about to get into the silence,so I somehow dropped the mantra. It seems it's fine, too.

I too do very few "I am" per minute; probably 3 or 4, I don't think it matters (but I may be wrong).
I thought I'd also point out that it is not about keeping the thoughts out but going back to the mantra when you've wandered off into thoughts. This constitute "surrendering" - very important.
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Mar 02 2010 :  03:29:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Whatever speed you choose will be perfectly correct. Speed is time dependent and time is a human concept.
Go to Top of Page

Pheel

China
318 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2010 :  02:11:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Pheel's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Seysorciere, you are right.The big question underneath is precisely is the usage of mantra for inner silence, or cleansing and purification. The answer's the former. Inner silence purifies and cleanses. I've settled back to my slow mantra. feeling good.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000