Building a Daily Practice with Self-Pacing
 the right pacing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

smiley

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  12:46:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit smiley's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello everyone

i am new to the forum.
i am interested with yoga which is why i came here. i would like to learn about the experiences of people practicing yoga.

for quite some time now, i have heard and read about the good effects of yoga to the body. this is the reason why i would like to give it a try and use it so that i could lose weight. is that a good idea?

since i am even hardly a beginner, i would like to know what the right pacing is for someone like me. the amount of time doing yoga, the frequency and the poses.

i wish you guys could assist me with this.
thank you all very much in advance

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  07:21:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi smiley welcome to the forum.

If you are just interested in Yoga for physical development which is great by the way, you should be able to find a good hatha yoga studio in your area.

We practice all aspects of yoga here so I urge you to have a look at the lessons on our main site here and try Yogani's meditation technique

Edited by - Richard on Feb 19 2010 07:59:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

NagoyaSea

424 Posts

Posted - Feb 19 2010 :  9:15:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Smiley! I agree with Richard. Hope you'll begin meditating in addition to the asanas. There are so many benefits! Do check out the link Richard posted!

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

smiley

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  05:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit smiley's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you very much for the link. i will check that out.

is it better to do yoga with others like studios or just do it at home? i asked because i am quite shy to do exercises (as well dances or any form of physical activity) when other people see me. i know it might sound paranoid or weird but i feel like people might laugh if i don't do things, like the poses, correctly.
sorry if i sound weird
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Feb 28 2010 :  09:12:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
is it better to do yoga with others like studios or just do it at home? i asked because i am quite shy to do exercises (as well dances or any form of physical activity) when other people see me. i know it might sound paranoid or weird but i feel like people might laugh if i don't do things, like the poses, correctly.

Hi smiley

you don't sound paranoid or weird at all its quite acceptable to do Yoga on your own at home. If you just want to do Asana's I urge you to get Yoganis little book advertyised at the side of this page called "Asanas Mudras and Bandas" that has everything you need.

At the same time I do urge you to have a good look at the main lessons I gave you a link to, you will find a great deal of help there. Have a look at the following link as well I am sure that will be of help.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=2115#2115
Go to Top of Page

smiley

USA
4 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2010 :  3:00:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit smiley's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank you very much Richard.
i very much appreciate the help that you have offered. i will make sure to read the contents from the links that you gave me. really, thank you very much
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000