Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Update on Jane
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Feb 18 2010 :  12:51:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This was taken from this post:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7225

I thought I'd continue it here..

quote:

Case in point:
I recently met someone who is currently undergoing mental assessment and treatment. Everyone thinks she is mentally deranged and in severe need of psychiatric help. I will call her Jane. Jane is 24 yrs old.

Jane is very psychic, she sees disembodied spirits and other phenomenon. She has premonitions and deja-vu dreams. She is not afraid to talk about all of this with me.

She told me that she had been experiencing seizures. Whenever she would come close to this 'pure, innocent, attractive young man (same age as her)' whom she was very attracted to and had known for six months, she would start to feel waves, then would throw a fit, fall to the ground, make grunting sounds of ecstasy, and convulse with eratic body movements. Her head would arch backwards and her tongue would point upwards. Her body would shake. Her heart rate pulsed rapidly. She said she had a pain in her heart and that pain lasted for a few days after. She had no idea what had happened to her, nor did anyone else. She thinks that she has some kind of neuro-psychological disorder.

I asked her what it felt like during these seizures? Did it feel good or sexual? She said it felt like she was orgasming but at the same time was horrified by what was happening to her physically. She was so embarrased and very sad that this young man whom she loved dearly was also repulsed by her fit(s) and sought to distance himself from her, thinking that she is afflicted with some serious mental disorder.

This was all so fascinating to me. It sounded like a classic case of kundalini to me. Funny that nobody in the medical system could interpret her experiences with those particula words. Along with her treatments, she is undergoing EFT treatment. She was told that sometimes electricity builds up in various locations of the body and by tapping on several accupuncture pressure points, she could release the electricity buildup harmlessly and regain balance.

I told her about kundalini. I told her about the sensations, the body movements (kriyas), the arching of the neck backwards, the sexual ecstasy, the waves, the relation to the heart as kundalini rises and pierces the chakras... Now she is very very interested in learning more about kundalini and has asked me to get her some books about it.

I met Jane again over the weekend because she wanted to obtain some books on kundalini and meditation. I introduced her to the AYP lessons and gave her my "Advanced Yoga Practices" book.

There are two things that I've learned about Jane that are fascinating to me.
1) The technique that she first learned and had been practicing is very similar to the 'sensing the inner body' (Tolle) and 'full body scan' technique by S.N Goenka. She has been practicing that on and off for the last six months. I was shocked when I heard Kenneth Folk describe that technique as a 'stealth kundalini' practice.

2) Jane had an accident when she was a child. While bouncing on the bed as a child, she slipped and bit her tongue nearly clean off. The doctors had to sew it back on. When she looked at the kechari images in the AYP book, she said "Oh, I can do that" and proceeded to show me that she could stick her tongue backwards down into her throat! She then licked above the tip of her nose! I asked her if she could put her tongue in her nasal cavity past the epiglotis and then she tried to do that. She said "Yup. I can get it right into my nasal cavities." Amazing! Totally amazing.. I told her she was blessed. She must have been a yogi in a previous life..

:)
TI
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000