Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 ridges on nails
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  2:04:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello everyone,

I have discovered on both my finger and toenails what looks like ridges, vertically.

Could it have to do with diet? Or somethine more serious?

Thanks,
nirmal

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Feb 10 2010 :  2:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some sort of liver disharmony, according to Traditional Chinese Medicine.

Here is a big thing to read for if you're really interested...

http://www.itmonline.org/5organs/liver.htm

However, the best thing to do is go see an acupuncturist/herbalist. They (should) know how to diagnose exactly what the problem is.

Also, yes it has a lot to do with improper nutrition, hydration and exercise.
Go to Top of Page

kaserdar

91 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  06:11:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Nirmal,

Nail abnormalities are rarely the first signs of an illness. In case having a problem somewhere in your body, you would have some other symptoms before even you realize something is wrong with your nail.
Also, vertical ridges are considered normal but horizontal ones mean you went through a sickness in the past that caused nails have the ridges.

This is what happened to me. I had some kind of respiratory problem which caused my nails to grow slow, change the color and have the horizontal ridges. I saw few doctors and made lots of research on the web. So, as an amateur nail expert, I can say that you have nothing to worry about:) Most people have vertical ridges anyway.
Go to Top of Page

Jivaakabhasana_Yogi

USA
49 Posts

Posted - Feb 11 2010 :  5:52:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jivaakabhasana_Yogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Nail ridges are a particular signal that may be heavy metal poisoning (something prevalent in the USA...if the ridges are across the nail from side to side, but verticle ridges are often a lack of protein synthesis seen in the nails (and the hair shows signs of it too.)

ROFL, try chemo...before chemo (sucessful I might add! :-) my nails were always brittle and weak, and now they are hard as iron...too weird!

~Jivaakabhasana_Yogi

Edited by - Jivaakabhasana_Yogi on Feb 11 2010 5:53:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 12 2010 :  06:40:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all your replies!

Nirmal
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000