Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Yamas & Niyamas - Restraints & Observances
 Amaroli while taking vitamins/supplements?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rkishan

USA
102 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2010 :  11:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit rkishan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Another question on amaroli. My doctor told me after my recent physical and blood work, that I am deficient on B6, zinc and vitamin D. So, he prescribed some heavy dose of Vitamin D, B6 and zinc. I take the B6 in the morning and zinc and vitamin D supplement at night. I have read Yogani's book on Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli. I agree with Yogani's statement, "If we cultivate good dietary habits, there will be no need for supplemental vitamins and minerals." But, unfortunately due to the result of bad dietary habits and unbalanced living for many many years, I have ended up with some health issues. I feel that the temporary use of these supplements in the short run will be helpful to my health. So, I started taking these supplements for now following the doctor's advice.

I wanted to know how this will impact my amaroli practice. I have read somewhere that excess vitamins or supplements are passed on the urine. Since I am taking high doses of these vitamins and do my amaroli practice in the morning, will this result in overdose of vitamins? I know that some of the things like zinc and B6 are toxic at high levels. Should I discontinue amaroli, when I take these supplements?

Ram.

Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000