Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Question on allowing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  04:23:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
At the point where one is feeling peace,where there is the odd thought coming up but I emphasize that the thoughts are very subtle,almost imperceptive shall we say at the very bottom of say a Well,does one then come back up to the top of the Well to a less quiet level to think the Mantra or is it preferable to stay with the peace,it seems to me like one is disturbing the act of going deeper by coming back to the mantra rather then letting the natural state of Being show itself.

It feels a bit like the practice of Shikantaza where just sitting allowing thoughts to arise but paying them no attention,it's almost like it's an effort to think the Mantra like coming up for air when it's ok beneath the water.

Sorry if this has been covered already but it is a source of confusion for me and would appreciate some help
thsnkyou
Chris

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  07:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chris:

If we realize we have a choice of where to put our attention, we are on the way out already, even if there is a mixture of inner silence, thoughts and mantra. We always favor the mantra in these situations. This can be favoring very refined and fuzzy values of the mantra -- going ever deeper. If we choose to stand pat in "peace," we will be short of samadhi, and deep meditation stops right there. That's why we always follow the procedure.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

snake

United Kingdom
277 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2006 :  12:17:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou Yogani I appreciate your straight forward answer and shall implement it at the next med:)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000