AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Nadi Shodhana & Balancing Inner Energies
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  08:21:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Moderator Note:Split Topic 1- from another thread- Context-Akasha's views on Nadi Shodhana as an important tool in a Balanced Practice - to help rectify imbalances
or reduce the potential of them arising. This should be a useful lesson is conjunction with lesson 69 for treating energy imablnces in the subtle nervous system.

The keyword here is 'Balance'.

And in terms of a balanced practice nadi shodhana provides that in spades.

All 3 major subtle nerve highways(ida ,pingala and sushumna) do play a role in balanced,safe & progressive( read- quicker) awakening of Kundalini/ecstatic conductivity.

This is one of those posts, though admittedly the context of the thread it's taken out of could be a little confusing.....

The jist of the thread is- i hope the reader can make up their own mind because on this path of yoga you need some discernement to work out what is serving you and what perhaps is'nt.

--------------------

Hi All:

quote:
I must say I second Miguel in this question on how to interpret the lesson, which I have discussed here in forum, also with Yogani. I copy the text here and comment on it.

Yip.....

quote:

This was what was crucial for me. Quit the Spinal breathing. I suggest your attempt to put that back is what has caused the overload this time, Miguel!

In my view one should not bother with spinal breathing until ida and pingala are adequately balanced.This is what my lengthy posts were all about exploring. I am so glad to see everyone is finally coming round....

A bit of sense, is what i like to see.

Because at the end of the day it does'nt really matter what anyone else says here, whther it is Yogani( no disrespect intended) or whoever. It is what your experience is that counts. The quicker one realises this, the quicker we can all make progress. I only post this stuff to helph other along on their path. It's the right thing to do, for everyone concerned.Any serious school out there will first say balance ida and pingala and i've been trying to say that for the past month or 2.

I am glad everyone has finally woken up and now making progress.As it is the long-term that counts,not next week or next month or even next year.

We've all got the bhakti to journey forward. Now It's just a matter of having the appropriate tools now to move forward. Thankfully this open source information is avaliable now.And it's not holed up in some remote library in Tibet.

Take on board what other people are saying. And by all means critically evaluate the dogma in whatever model(s) you happen to be following based on your experience.But no one should blindly follow anyone no matter how well-meaning they are, whether they have the title swami or claim they are the most enlightened person within a 200 mile radius. The chances are they are talking ****, if you hear such things.

Remember- trust YOUR own experience.What is your inner guru telling you?

And Miguel & emc. I hope you resolve some of these issues out. My advice would be to stick with nadi shodhana BEFORE before spinal breathing.

I don't post this stuff for the fun of it.

All the Best!!

Edited by - Akasha on Jan 29 2010 1:00:54 PM

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  08:31:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you akasha for you helping hand and supporting words.

PS-i practice some nadi sodhanna after my sessions.Dont know about the ida/pingala effects,cz for the moment i have not percieved anything related to this and im new to this practice,but what i have percieved is that has a good relaxing effect.Its a good preparation for dm practice.

Edited by - miguel on Jan 29 2010 08:32:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  11:48:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000