Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 brite light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2010 :  12:26:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

This morning wlile meditating I experience of `seeing´a very intense,
bright light that was on my eyelids and forehead.It wasn´t bad or good. It was just there, and I continued meditation as I normaly do.

What is this brite, brite light, and what does it mean?

Thanks,
nirmal

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  1:00:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi everyone,

My last post about the bright lite, I have not received any replies.
Can someeone help me with this?

Thanks,
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  1:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Is that not the Third-Eye, or visions of the fabled star within concentric circles, depending on your tradition of course? . Read a recent thread here
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=7097 about this.

Also, Yogani writes a great lesson on Shambavi Mudra you will find here if you've not adopted this practice already.

Sounds like progress.

Edited by - Akasha on Jan 29 2010 1:15:58 PM
Go to Top of Page

BellaMente

USA
147 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  5:14:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Some people say it is the third eye or the crown chakra, although I have recently learned that it can be described as the Christ Consciousness- hopefully Tibetan Ice will chime in soon...

Go to Top of Page

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2010 :  9:40:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by nirmal

Hi everyone,

This morning wlile meditating I experience of `seeing´a very intense,
bright light that was on my eyelids and forehead.It wasn´t bad or good. It was just there, and I continued meditation as I normaly do.

What is this brite, brite light, and what does it mean?

Thanks,
nirmal

Hi Nirmal,

It's normal ... and you may get more of it (bigger, brighter, etc.) as you go .... for a while, at least.

It's part of the overall purification process; "good things are happening" as Yogani says.

When I first started practices I wondered where all the "special effects" were ... for a while.

Then, it got intense for a while.

Then, the intensity resolved and only liberation, beauty, peace and love remained.

In certain sacred writings, the glory of God is poetically called "the light of a million suns".

My guess as to why is: the light(s) that yogis and yoginis often experience behind their eyes, in the third eye (between the eyebrows area), and in some cases (i.e. my own, in the past) in their entire head.

I literally got light so bright, I *knew* someone had flipped on a bright light in a dark room .... only they hadn't .... except inside my head, literally.

I don't know about "a million suns" ..... but a couple suns, at least!

And so, your light may keep increasing .... or not. Please don't compare to my experience, or anyone else's ... everyone's experience is different, and ultimately, it's *that* the purification is happening, that is important, not *what* the purification consists of.

I hope this is helpful.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

Go to Top of Page

nirmal

Germany
438 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  07:29:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your invaluable insight!
nirmal
Go to Top of Page

karl

United Kingdom
1812 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  08:14:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jusr scenery, carry on without distraction and it will go away. Mind seems to generate these interesting things to get absorbed in.
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2010 :  08:23:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes i have been scared out of a peaceful state lots of times from this. I'm in a dark room, and it is as if the sun shined on my eyelids. If you can relax and not get scared you can continue with meditation.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000