New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  07:08:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
emc,

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For those over-sensitive meditators who would like to try slowing down the rate of transcendence, the third enhancement of the AYP mantra is suggested.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thus, not those who are inclined and feel ready for a mantra enhancement, but all over-sensitive meditators who can't cope the standard I AM. So I AM is not the standard for over-sensitive people. The I AM causes the problem, therefore this lesson! If you are just "sensitive" as you suggest, Christi, then I AM works as long as we self-pace accordingly. But if we are OVER-sensitive, which is what we are discussing here - the I AM does not work well anylonger.

For me for example,was possible to do 5 mtes using "I am" before this lesson appeared.Twice a day.
The problem is that this short routine is really hard to manage when you are full of bhakti.I couldnt add more than this short routine.No more practices.So,better to get a longer practice using the breath (_10 mtes) or this thirth mantra enhacenment (8 mtes here).

"I AM" mantra is like a knife here.It works really directly and deep.It has a very vertical action.

But the tirth enhacenment is different.It works more horizontal and slowly.At the same time,you go really deep with this mantra,but in a smoothly way and with a wider marging os time.

quote:
It is not as a part of a normal process of adding mantra enhancements. It's worth a try from whatever point of process you are in. If oversensitive and in overload, and normal cut back self-pacing does not work, and you are down to less than 10 min meditation it will be less effective cultivation of stillness, so alternatives must be found. The alternatives suggested in the lesson is:

- cut the mantra totally and stay with breath meditation
- skip I AM, which is too fast and aggressive, try jumping directly to the third enhancement, the longest mantra, which works more slowly.
- If you are at the right spot of development the mantra enhancement will work - if it's premature, you will hit a brick wall, and then it's not really clear, but I'd guess the alternative then is to go with breath meditation instead of the mantra enhancement. But it's worth a try.

Thats my point of view also.Agree.You said it very clear.

quote:
quote:
However, what we have found is that the benefits of using a longer mantra may be short-lived in some over-sensitive meditators. Once we become acclimated to the longer mantra in daily practice over weeks or months, and are going in with it more easily, some of the symptoms of excessive purification may begin to return.

This sounds like what you experienced, miguel! So:

quote:
Then we are back to self-pacing our meditation time downward again, perhaps to a duration that is unsatisfactory for our level of bhakti. But the long mantra is worth a try for those who are inclined to stay with mantra meditation. No harm can come from it if we are engaged in prudent self-pacing. It can work for some as a long term meditation practice.

For me, I have not even tried the mantra enhancement model, since only breath meditation and alternate nostril breathing now works fine. I can hold 8-10 min meditation without discomfort, and noticably calmer days overall.

No harm can come from it if we are engaged in prudent self-pacing.Thats the key point.
I just following this lesson very well.Last time 10 mtes didnt work.So..now ill stick with 8 mtes.

Has been doing breath meditation for 2 - 3 months,and now is time to give it a chance.

In my experience and opinion,tirth mantra enhacenment is more powerful (cultivation of inner silence and progress) than breath meditation.

With a mantra you can go really deep.

Brath meditation cultivates inner silence very well and is an excellent tool,but a mantra is more useful tool.

Edited by - miguel on Jan 29 2010 07:11:52 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  11:37:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And today no bad symptoms for the moment following this reasonablke amount of practice.The inner silence has increased a lot.I think the cultivation of inner silence with this mantra has nothing to do with breath mediation (it also cultivate it,and very well,but this is like the BMW of inner silence).

Is too early now.Time will tell.Iin my opinion and feelings,will be great to mantain this over the long term.

Edited by - miguel on Jan 29 2010 11:39:25 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  08:51:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Today after first morning dm i began to feel unconfortable.So i decided to stop this practice and return to breath meditation.

I decided to lay on the bed and dont know why i started practicng the simple meditation tools of watching and let the toughts go.Witnessing them.
After 5 mtes or more i felt completly asleep.Woke up 10 mtes later and to my surprise overload symphtoms have dissapeared.

I feel my inner gru is triying to tell me something.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  1:27:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Miguel,

I took another look at the lesson you mentioned and it seems that you are right (and emc too ). Yogani does recomend the third mantra enhancement to people who are experiencing over-sensitivity to the mantra.

Personally I am surprised at this because, as I mentioned above, this mantra contains elements (especially the Sree aspect) which activate the higher chakras, and the crown in particular. So I would be surprised if it was suitable for someone experiencing over-sensitivity for very long.

At the end of the day, the proof will be in the pudding (as they say). If you find that you are able to work with it comfortably over the long-term, then go with it. If it causes excessive problems, then you will have no choice other than to back off.

quote:

Over the long term...

Im not able to do more than 10 mtes using breath meditation.If im not able to do at least 15 or 15 mtes of breath meditation,how could i start thinking about finding ways to begin with "i am" mantra? Wich ways?

Over the long-term doesn't mean today or even this week. It means over the months and years ahead. Prudent self-pacing, using suitable mantras, effective grounding practices, resting after meditation, these are all ways that you can gradually move towards developing a longer sitting practice including SBP over the long-term.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2010 :  1:40:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank for you helpimg hand christi.

Dont know about the future,but i have decided to watch my toughts a let them go during my resting time.Maybe it will help dissolving obstructions.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  01:43:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
miguel, I find that to be the absolutely best method against overload at the moment. It has not worked before - then that practice has caused more overload, but now, as the energies are this moment, it seems to work fine for me as well!

It is simultaneously a shift in the cosmos - entering a new phase with this fullmoon. It's the first soft fullmoon that has not stirred anything in me, but rather calmed me down, so that helps too.

I also watch my thoughts during resting time, and I continue to do that whenever. I am now able to lean back, take a short moment of rest now and then, and just recognize my Self, remember who I am, and watch the thoughts, emotions and overload symptoms, and as I do that, there's an immediate response from the heart, singing "YES", and a smile on my face. It's not self-inquiry. I don't ask "who am I?", I don't make an effort of having it as a practice. I just remember and then there's relaxation and rest and joy. There are some minor itchings from it, but nothing severe. And when I sense the itching and accept it fully, it's not exprienced as any problem.

Thank you miguel and Christi for this topic. Great! And I'm glad you read the lesson again, Christi. Yogani has some weird ideas sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  07:15:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi emc, Miguel et al,

quote:
Thank you miguel and Christi for this topic. Great! And I'm glad you read the lesson again, Christi. Yogani has some weird ideas sometimes.

Just keeping us on our toes.

I think it could be the case that it is not "one size fits all" when it comes to over-sensitivity. I expect that one day we will have a much more detailed science around sensitivity, wayward energy and self-pacing. Different symptoms could call for different responses. We have this already to a certain extent, but it is still in it's early stages.

It will be interesting to see how people get on with the full mantra who are using it instead of I AM due to over-sensitivity. And it will be interesting to see what else works with sensitivity over the short and long term.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  08:42:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks christi and emc,its always a pleasure to read you.

Yes,im going in a good direction.

Last day,when i was overloaded and decided to rest a little and spontaneously started watching my toughts and felt in deep sleep,suddenly after that the overload has surprisingly dissapeared.

I felt that inner guru was tritying to teach me again.

Today i have decided to reduce 1 mte my dm.Only 7 mtes twice a day.
I can manage 8 mtes,but i feel in the limit and not very confortable during daily activities.If this is a clunky stage of adaptation (two or three last months using breath),better to start a bit under my limit.

Me,as a sensitive guy i feel a simple explanation for my sensitivity:

I create lot of energy from any practice.Must be a big receptive "pipe" in some area of my subtle body. The enrgy flows along the pipe and then find a wall:toughts and emotions.Toughts and emotions are in a dense structure and the energy gets blocked.Then a flood happens=overload.

What im doing today is first of all when i start my dm,to stay for a minute (more or less) only watching my toughts.This method allows me to softly create a good space for the meditation process.
During my dm time,is very important not to force the mantra.Just watch the toughts,let them go and when i percieve some space i softly introduce the mantra.Is very important to watch the toughts come and go slowly,but always favouring the mantra (softly,very gentle).

And finally,and a very important part:resting time.
I used to simple rest for 10 mtes.
What im doing now is to rest and watch the toughts,letting them appear,stay and dissolve.Resting time is a very important part of practice.Most of the energy you have created with your practice is stablished and distributed in you nervous system.
What i have observed today,is that if you watch the toughts come and go during resting time,there is a btter distidution of energy.Doing this during resting time,i have felt some good an very pleasant feelings.

You dont have to be all the time watching toughts during resting time cz i feel also that my body needs,no actions sometimes a total relaxation of all my self and reception of energies.Very important.Dont force this action.Just a gentle watching of toughts,this is not meditation,this is resting time also.

If you dont do it during resting time,the energy that you have created is all the time getting blocked with toughts and emotions that you have during resting time.I think that watching toughts during resting time,letting them go slowly,favour better distibution of energies in all the nervous system.

Another thing i tryed today was doing 5 mtes of meditation watching the toughts after my dm.But i have to reduce a minute my dm and watch tougths during resting time,cz maybe a short meditation watching toughts after dm can lead to overload.
Onether option could be to do a short 2 mtes meditation after dm only watching toughts...but im not secure about it.I think during resting time will be a eficient and more safe option.

PS-EMC,i have been waiting for this full moon and mahashivatri (Feb- 12).Very important period of the year.

Edited by - miguel on Jan 31 2010 08:58:13 AM
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2010 :  1:39:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adamantclearlight

Hey folks, One of the best things to do for overload is to pause and do nothing for a few minutes after DM and just observe stillness with dispassion, then, lay prone in corpse pose for 5 mins and let the body and prana normalize. Also, if you are new to practice and only doing a few minutes twice per day, you should only be doing "I AM" mantra and not the enhancements. Enhancements are meant for later when the crown is stimulated.

Adamant

For Me, and I know this goes against the instructions/lessons, I have found doing the mantra with solar centering to be more stable and easier. Been doing it for about month, usually twice a day for 20 minutes. Yogani talked about not adding enhancements until your practices were stable, which mine were not, however I decided to do it this way cause I was too much up in the head, something he has spoken about in the lesson on solar enhancement Now I have other "practices" and what not so it is hard for me to say what has been helping me, and when I have more peace I don't really care what is helping :) However sitting for twenty minutes with this enhancement seems easier, For me
best to all,
brohter Neil
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2010 :  1:30:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Today i have done two sessions of 8 mtes each one of dm using 3 mantra enhacenment.During resting time i WATCHED MY TOUGHTS LEAVING THEM GO,and it seems to have a very good anti-overload effects.I feel very confortable now.
During meditation i have felt pleasant and very blissful feelings inside.The same thing during resting time.

PS-8 mtes twice a day with this mantra lead to unconfortable feelings last days without using watching toughts during resting time.Now with this tool (watching toughts) i feel good.I havent gone to my asnas classes today,so maybe this could be the reason for this confortable state also.Tomorrow ill go to sanas classes and will continue doing my resting time watching toughts.Iill see how it goes.Maybe i will have to redduce again to 7 mtes of dm.

On the other hand today i realized how much time i have been using daily breath meditation:since 26 october 2009.3 months!Good...

Edited by - miguel on Feb 01 2010 2:35:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  12:18:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi all,

finally i decided to return to breath meditation.Iit doesnt mean 3 mantra cant be used by sensitive people,but here breath meditation is a better aproach.

Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  1:25:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Miguel, I really struggled with mantra meditation. I had to return to breath meditation several times before I got more comfortable with the mantra meditation (still not *fully* comfortable with it, tho). I still use breath meditation on occasion, because I like it.

Whatever works best for you, is what you "should" be doing :)
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2010 :  3:26:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks wigswest.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000