Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Credentials?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kitten

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  7:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kitten's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Moderator Note: This discussion was split from a topic on yogic diet.
-----------------

Yogani,

What types of counseling degrees do you have to provide counseling advice to troubled, needy people? Do you have a PHD in Psychiatry? Or at least a Master's degree in something counseling related?
Your Tantra site is about sex, are you a licensed sex therapist? Have you graduated from any college, with what degree?

Please let me know.

kitten

yogani

USA
5198 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  9:20:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kitten

Yogani,

What types of counseling degrees do you have to provide counseling advice to troubled, needy people? Do you have a PHD in Psychiatry? Or at least a Master's degree in something counseling related?
Your Tantra site is about sex, are you a licensed sex therapist? Have you graduated from any college, with what degree?

Please let me know.

kitten

Hi Kitten and welcome.

This particular discussion is about the yogic aspects of diet and nothing else. For that, or anything in AYP, I claim no special credentials. Only the decades spent on the path, and a desire to give something back.

All are free to take what helps here, or leave it alone. We are not focused mainly on troubled, needy people here. Rather, the focus is primarily on those who are very interested in spiritual growth, and in doing something about it. A range of optional yogic tools are offered to assist with that. Those in need of professional counseling or medical attention are advised to seek professional assistance as appropriate. We are not here for that.

If you take a closer look at the AYP writings and these forums, you will gain a better understanding of what this open resource on spiritual practices is about, and what people are doing with it. And if it is not your cup of tea, that is okay.

Wishing you all the best on your path.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  09:07:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Yogani,

Please let me know.

kitten

Hi Kitty,

Are you suggesting a PHD in psychiatry or something counseling related ensures that someone will dispense good advice?

From my perspective, personal issues play a bigger role in the quality of help a person is able to provide. I have known PHDs in psychology and psychiatry to dispense very questionable advise and not to mention in the case of the latter, drugs that can prove to be more harmful than helpful.

In the end it is up to each and everyone of us to decide on the quality of advice we receive and whether or not and how we will implement it. Personally, I would rather hear it from someone who has removed the majority of their own issues from the equation and can see things clearly and a PHD certainly doesn't guarantee this.
Go to Top of Page

Akasha

421 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  09:37:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthem,

Alot of academics are actually prone to depression because they are( least what we call here) too 'Mindy', stuck in Mind.

And alot of folk with Ph.D's can be relatively socially retarded. I think there intellectual bent cane be a compensation for this. Alot of intellectual geniuses had alot of mental ticks and aberattions because they may have not devolped themselves in a broader sense.Samuel Johnson, inventor of the first English dictionary had 'Tourettes', is one example, charcterised by compulsive swearing amongst other things, in it's more extreme form.

If you live on the rational plane too much and are prone to rationalise, indulge in "monkey-mind", as yogis would put it., i guess you could be more mentally unstable.

Hi Kitty & Welcome,

This site is not about conselliing or intellectual learning or sex therapy ( n though i daresay you will get some of that if you engage in AYP) Sex has such a deep neurosis in society ,that's it's hard to to watch TV or mingle without it rearing it's head one way or another, or even being used to manipulate people( advertising etc etc). This site is about yoga- a particular yoga system-known as AYP; sexual tantra is just one part of it that goes hand-in hand with expanding our consciousness beyond the limited sense we're used to experiencing; if you read over the Main lessons( top page)- you'll get a good idea of what is being discussed, and then can implement them.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000