AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 on alternate approach to mantra enhancements
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  10:18:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
i know that this isn't mentioned in lesson http://www.aypsite.org/369.html but can a person just use IAM IAM NAMAH NAMAH as a mantra with the solar enhancement in order to stay away from crown?

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  07:59:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh absolutely Ananda. The solar centering enhancement can be used with any mantra. It is the process of locating the mantra away from the head.
http://www.aypsite.org/368.html
quote:
Like for mantra enhancements, the solar centering enhancement should only be considered by those who are stable in their meditation practice, whether it be with the I AM (AYAM) mantra or any mantra enhancement that has been added previously. In other words, the solar centering enhancement can be incorporated with any mantra we are using, assuming we are well-established with it. This would be after months or years with our practice, not days or weeks. The solar centering enhancement can also be used with the breath meditation practice we discussed in the previous lesson for over-sensitive meditators.

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  10:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Shanti, thank you and i already knew that but what i am asking is can i just use IAM IAM NAMAH NAMAH as a mantra instead of what Yogani usually advises us to use.

i am asking this bcz it's really overloaded at the crown over here and it seems that i should definitely self pace more.

i am even considering going back to IAM alone, or if in case the overloading symptoms persist i will go into self enquiry (the SRI RAMANA way) alone as a practice in twice daily meditation and throughout the day.

i mean i really enjoy peace and stability and i care more about experiencing that in the now rather then what's gonna happen on the long run (i might pass away any time. you know!)

Sri Ramana's way doesn't seem to involve a lot of the kundalini fireworks i do experience with AYP and it seems to be providing the peace and stability which i am searching for but i don't want to leave my ayp practices bcz they brought me to where i am at but in case this kundalini rampage keeps on going then of course i am better off without it.

kindest regards,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  11:23:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So you are asking if you can shorten your enhancement and not add "SHREE OM SHREE OM"?
Sorry I misunderstood.

Like Yogani explains in Mantra design (http://www.aypsite.org/188.html):
I AM (by any spelling) resonates in the full length of the spinal nerve from the third eye to the root.

SHREE takes us straight up the spinal nerve to the crown.

OM resonates naturally in the medulla oblongata, the brain stem, spreading out everywhere through the nervous system, and beyond.

OM is paired with SHREE for a reason, and it is second instead of first for a reason. It is paired to maintain polarity between the crown (SHREE) and the rest of the nervous system resonating with OM. This is another dimension of the shiva-shakti balanced relationship, in this case between the crown and the medulla oblongata. It is a more dynamic and far-reaching manifestation of the shiva-shakti pairing than I AM (which also continues). OM is placed after SHREE for more longevity in the vibration of OM. SHREE OM is coming into the body, and OM SHREE is leaving the body. It is a distinction with a noticeably positive difference in effect when seen through the inner senses of ecstatic conductivity.

Finally, NAMAH is added for its syllables and as a traditional transition in mantra repetitions. It resonates ecstatically in the heart, cultivating bhakti, and has a purifying effect throughout the nervous system.

So yes, I think "I am I am namah namh" should be OK. This will take the attention out of the crown (shree)and head (om) and take it back to third eye, spinal nerve and heart.

You can also go back to just "i am" and work on just the third eye and spinal nerve.

I am sure Yogani will chime in if I am wrong.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  11:51:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thanks Shweta, really appreciate the help.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  3:19:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi I have been also curious to know what Yogani feels if he were to test OM AH HOONG. I have been giving careful observation to the mantras in AYP and elsewhere and I sense exactly what Yogani describes in the lesson Shanti just mentioned.

When I do OM AH HOONG, I sense energy actually rising up through the ground, into my legs, up through the shushumna, lingersat the top of the shushumna, then the energy just goes "woosh" through all the fine channels throughout the body, leaving a fresh feeling. Was just wondering if anyone else confirms this.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  4:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Sorry, but I gave up commenting on mantra variations and alternatives a few years ago. I think it was after about the 1000th email asking about an alternate mantra.

The variations are unlimited ... and the choice is yours.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  01:03:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Adamant!!

That is the mantra that was "given" to me a few months ago, I guess by my inner teacher...I had NO idea where it came from!! I googled it ("om ah hum" or "om ah hung") and evidently it's a common tibetan mantra

It resonates so deeply within me, and I actually have come to *love* it :) I love my inner guru, as well, just sayin' :)

:) Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  07:39:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
it's clunky now bcz of the enhancements habit but i am back to IAM alone without the solar enhancement as well, will see how that works out for a while and maybe add on 2 mins of spinal breathing this evening.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  1:25:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

quote:
it's clunky now bcz of the enhancements habit but i am back to IAM alone without the solar enhancement as well, will see how that works out for a while and maybe add on 2 mins of spinal breathing this evening

Wise choice

And it is also my experience here that even as little as 2 min of Spinal Breathing Pranayama will help to stabilize and balance the energies.

Good luck with it
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  04:20:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi sweet katrine, very happy to see you.

and it really seems like a wise choice, the IAM is working and bringing a lot more grounding and my inner guru is telling me to keep on like this for 6 months or a year.(20 mins DM just using the IAM mantra and will make it to 5 mins pranayama after a week and stay there; i'll even stay away from kechari for a long time...)

maybe i'll add the samyama inquiry later but not at least before a month.

much love to you
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  04:41:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Ananda

Wonderful to hear!

Yes.....everything is taken care of by the "i am".....it is so vital that the cultivation of inner silence comes before stimulation of energy.....

I have stayed so much out of the body.......and returning to just the "i am" is simply heaven.......LOL.......

Very humorous.....THAT is

Much love to you too......all is well
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  09:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by wigswest

Adamant!!

That is the mantra that was "given" to me a few months ago, I guess by my inner teacher...I had NO idea where it came from!! I googled it ("om ah hum" or "om ah hung") and evidently it's a common tibetan mantra

It resonates so deeply within me, and I actually have come to *love* it :) I love my inner guru, as well, just sayin' :)

:) Gayle

That's actually amazing. Wow. It's OM AH HOONG is tantra from India. It's not technically of Tibetan origen. It has amazing power. Be careful. The fact that it came to you spontaneously is very auspicious.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2010 :  10:50:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000