Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 adding a name to samyama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  6:42:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey friends
thanks for adding me to the samyama list a couple weeks back. Lately more time has been spent in peace . Some troubling times have been passed through easier as well so thats good. One thing that is nice is surrendering to practice, instead of so much resistance to it, may the frog continue to boil.
anyways, any experiences on adding a name to samyama, like budha or jesus. Main concern is pacing.

thanks,
brother Neil

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  7:17:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Brother,

Funny you should ask, I started down this road about two weeks ago. The first time I did it, I was instantaneously hit with an energy/presence and was filled with an amazing bliss all through the next day; honestly, I was surprised at how powerful it was. Felt like something profound had happened that will continue to unfold over time. I have added it a few more times since then (but not with the same fireworks as the first time), but have used it relatively sparingly b/c I wanted to stay on the right side of pacing issues.

Would love to hear your experience if you decide to try it...

Much Love
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  7:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
well I have done it a few times and have had some experiences outside of meditation, were they related to it? for the most part my aim is to leave the analyzing behind as long as self pacing seems to be ok.
I hope your unfolding is a nice one
my best to you
brother Neil

Edited by - brother neil on Jan 21 2010 7:41:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  10:15:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No point analyzing something which my limited mind can't possibly fathom Just strapped in enjoying the ride
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  10:39:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Parallax

No point analyzing something which my limited mind can't possibly fathom Just strapped in enjoying the ride

Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  12:19:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey brother Neil, Parallax,

The Appendix of the AYP Samyama book has a sutra that could apply to deities/higher beings. It comes from the Samyama Sutras of Patanjali:

Coronal Light of (name of deity)

for example:

Coronal Light of Christ
Coronal Light of Buddha

etc.

Love
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  7:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

thanks cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Parallax

USA
348 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  8:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Parallax's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cosmic, thank you for the reminder, I'm actually going to try it tonight!!

Much Love
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000