Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Ayeeeeam
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  11:12:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yesterday, reading up on some old threads on this site, I came across a discussion on different mantras, how they sound like and their effects. Someone commented on how the "eee" in I am energizes him. My first reaction was "Where? How does he hear an eee in I am?" I don't. And I am never energized by "I am". I am relaxed. But I also remember my friend who introduced me to meditation saying that he is energized by "I am", though he is mostly into vipassana. So curious child that I am, last night I played around with the sound and found the eee. Bad bad idea ! A few minutes into Ayeeeam, my head was hurting badly (wanted to explode) to the extent of feeling nauseated. I felt dizzy. Ayeeeam was originating /hiting my third eye instead of my heart or solar plexus as it usually does. I know we are not much concern with where I am is orignating from, but I thought I'd share the experience. This morning, I still feel bad. Blockages in my neck and shoulders.

JDH

USA
331 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  01:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Sey, rough luck there.

I might have read that old post, maybe a different one though.

I AM turned I M for me when the mantra was going fast one day. Seemed harmless. And being curious like you after reading that post, one time I played around with different pronunciations of the AYAM, with varying levels of Y, and varying levels of how "long" or "short" the A vowels are.

When I messed around with the mantra, none of the changes felt right at all. I AM had worn a familiar groove the way that I originally began with it, and so I went right back to my old way after maybe a minute of messing with it.

Another thing they were talking about is that the long I sound in english is a composition of the short A and E sounds. Those would phonetically be "ah" and "eh" in english, or if you're french they would be the regular A and E sounds.

If you say those short A and E sounds quickly together, and you mash them together they form the long I sound which is the "I" of "I AM" So, in that regard, the E is already in I AM.

One of the posters in that post was also talking about a background eee sounding energy that seems to be an effect of meditation. I have it too. Ever since a few days after beginning I AM meditation a couple months ago, I hear a high pitched faint vibration during meditation, and sometimes outside of meditation. Early on I thought it was a sensitivity to some electromagnetic waves mixed with a greater awareness from meditation. But now I'm pretty sure it's from the mantra. In fact I'm pretty sure it is the mantra at its most refined level - the "vibrational quality of the mantra." Perhaps that's the energizing eee you're wondering about.
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  07:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey,
This is why we don't force and focus on the pronunciation of "i am" and let it refine itself as needed. The inner guru will guide you to whatever is needed for you at that point. So go with what flows naturally.

For now, try to ground that excess energy and cut back on practice for a bit till you feel stable. Massage, chiropractic adjustment, acupuncture, may help with the neck and shoulder block you feel. Also, during the day, consciously bringing your attention down to your heart every time you realize you are in your head.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  10:26:39 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi SeySorciere:

When you have a chance, will you email me on an administrative matter?

Thanks!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  01:23:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

One of the posters in that post was also talking about a background eee sounding energy that seems to be an effect of meditation. I have it too. Ever since a few days after beginning I AM meditation a couple months ago, I hear a high pitched faint vibration during meditation, and sometimes outside of meditation. Early on I thought it was a sensitivity to some electromagnetic waves mixed with a greater awareness from meditation. But now I'm pretty sure it's from the mantra. In fact I'm pretty sure it is the mantra at its most refined level - the "vibrational quality of the mantra." Perhaps that's the energizing eee you're wondering about.

Thanks JDH for the sympathy. The high-pitched background eee, I would say, is simply the sound of silence... and nothing to do with the mantra. I realised that last night, what they were talking about.This is because this sound is almost always present in my environment, so much so, that I do not notice it anymore unless I pay attention. It's like the sound of the ocean. I have heard it all my life, all life-long, I do not notice it anymore unless I pay attention. Oh ! I live on a small island. Life is pretty quiet here. The thing is..there is also a cricket which makes this eee sound. Anyway for me, silence has always been a cricket song.

Shanti - thanks again. You're brilliant.

Yogani - I have emailed you.

Peace & Love

SeySorciere

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  04:27:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi HeySorciere

Thanks for sharing

From here it is felt:
When the mantra refines itself .......it is easier to be "taken by it". I make myself available for being taken..... by always saying the whole mantra.....i am...... in a gentle way....not emphasizing one part over another...not excluding any part either. Then.....from here....trusting the letting go of it inwards....this is when the refinement starts to happen. It is always like this here....letting go of what I most desire somehow brings everything into the realization that all is already blissfully well......nothing needs be had.....I already am all that there is...

So...in giving the mantra away inwards i am letting myself be taken deep with it by not doing anything other than being available for the dropping with it....

This is probably already familiar to you, but mentioning it anyway.

All the best

PS
Also.....just in case you wonder how to post a quote: Place the quoted text where you want it, mark all of it and then click the piece of paper with the red arrow on it in the format bar on top of your posting window (this is the quote icon).....et voila
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2010 :  04:31:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
PS
You can also place the quote icon where you want the quote, and then paste the text you want quoted in the middle of the quote sign
Go to Top of Page

wigswest

USA
115 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2010 :  12:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sey, when I started transcendental meditation decades ago, "ayeeem" was the mantra given to me. I remember it as being quite powerful, have contemplated going back to it but never have...

FWIW, I've been studying "seed mantras" over the last few weeks (out of curiosity over the mantra I use), and "Aim is called Vagbhava bija and is the syllable of Sarasvati", per this source: http://www.religiousworlds.com/mandalam/mantra.htm

Blessings :)
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2010 :  02:23:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

PS
You can also place the quote icon where you want the quote, and then paste the text you want quoted in the middle of the quote sign

Ok Katrine - let me see if I got that right.. thanks ! I did need help with that.

Thanks Wigwest. Will look it up.

Dearest Shanti !

No pain, no gain! Whilst meandering into the mantra pronunciation brought me some bad neck pain, the trapped energy continued to gently flow up and down my body, permeating everywhere, bringing my inner silence with it. There is some pleasure there (I'm always complaining I feel no pleasure) but very subtle. I felt the witness present practically all day long for several days now. I find myself spacing out and only know that I have spaced out because it feels like reality "hicupped"; a sudden shift and I need to re-adjust.

Thought I'd share !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000