New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  9:59:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
If you have experience with "the star", really work with that as much as you can.

I think it may lead to the ultimate goal based on my research. But you may need to work with it for many years.

This is informed speculation, with emphasis on speculaton.

I have not experienced the star myself.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Jan 20 2010 10:07:11 PM

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  10:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

If you have experience with "the star", really work with that as much as you can.

I think it may lead to the ultimate goal based on my research. But you may need to work with it for many years.

This is informed speculation, with emphasis on speculaton.

I have not experienced the star myself.

Hi Alwayson :)
Can you further explain what you are talking about? What is your research? Why are you of this opinion at this time? What do you know that we don't?

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  10:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the star plus concentric circles seems to be a "bindu" as described in tantric sources.

And also I agree with yogani, that you may be viewing inside the sushumna and ultimately the heart chakra through this "star".

The various colors of the concentric rings, would represent the five elements. Now, if you are familiar with tantric theory...

I don't feel comfortable saying more than this.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Jan 20 2010 10:53:56 PM
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  12:16:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is right. You are correct. It is something that arises. The path method that causes it to arise, causes it to increase, reach maximum and then exhaust. There are many visions that can come with it. The visions are scenery and there's nothing to do with them, but the arising of the bindu and the rainbow lights is fortunate.

The arising of the bindu is a kind of biofeedback about the stability of your concentration. If your mind scatters, it scatters. If your mind darts around, it darts around. If your mind increases, it increases, etc. This is also how the visions of Togal are handled. Once your mind stabilizes in Rigpa, shamatha-vipassana, mahamudra, etc., the bindu increases until it envelopes the universe, essentially. This coincides with the jhanas, the bhumis, the yogas of mahamudra and the visions of Togal.

Another thing that can just happen is the mind contemplates the nirvana-element and one won't even notice that all these lights are going on.

See Upakilesa Sutta

http://awake.kiev.ua/dhamma/tipitak...ilesa-e.html

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  10:59:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
let me correct myself...

the colors of the concentric rings, don't merely represent the five elements, they ARE the five elements.
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  11:47:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

let me correct myself...

the colors of the concentric rings, don't merely represent the five elements, they ARE the five elements.

No they are the pure origin of the elements. The elements are a degenerate version of them. The appearance of lights is evidence of purification.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  11:49:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

let me correct myself...

How do you know?
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  11:52:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Clear White Light

quote:

let me correct myself...

How do you know?

Alwayson is referring to knowledge coming from practice of The Great Perfection teachings. There is a teaching about the five wisdom lights, five wisdoms and five rainbow colors (the pure nature of the five elements). There are several groups of five that all fit together like a crystalline structure. Recognition of all these elements at once comes from Rigpa, another synonym for unconditioned awareness.

Adamant

Edited by - adamantclearlight on Jan 21 2010 11:55:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  11:56:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adamantclearlight

This is right. You are correct. It is something that arises. The path method that causes it to arise, causes it to increase, reach maximum and then exhaust. There are many visions that can come with it. The visions are scenery and there's nothing to do with them, but the arising of the bindu and the rainbow lights is fortunate.

The arising of the bindu is a kind of biofeedback about the stability of your concentration. If your mind scatters, it scatters. If your mind darts around, it darts around. If your mind increases, it increases, etc. This is also how the visions of Togal are handled. Once your mind stabilizes in Rigpa, shamatha-vipassana, mahamudra, etc., the bindu increases until it envelopes the universe, essentially. This coincides with the jhanas, the bhumis, the yogas of mahamudra and the visions of Togal.

Another thing that can just happen is the mind contemplates the nirvana-element and one won't even notice that all these lights are going on.

See Upakilesa Sutta

http://awake.kiev.ua/dhamma/tipitak...ilesa-e.html

Adamant

Hi Adamant :)
Thank you for that. Is that the bindu? I've heard of it but have never made a connection. The bindu is the dot above the moon in the symbol of the AUM, right?

From my recent experience, I would say that the star is above the head whereas the bindu is below, inside the head towards the back at the same level as the middle forehead. If we are talking about the same thing I would say that the bindu has these charactistics that you've described:

- The bindu is a very colorful area of light (rainbow lights is a good description). In the past I have seen that same kind of light in the third eye as a small compressed circle but now I think that perhaps it is a reflection of the bindu.

- The bindu does contain images and much scenery and is almost the first thing you notice when you merge into it or shift your attention inside it. It reminds me of entering the dream world directly, easily. However, it is like a waking state dream consciousness in that it can be controlled or made to focus attention in different directions (as in up and down the spine).

- The bindu does grow! It was very small at first but as I spent more time in it, using it to view the spinal route in spinal breathing, the chakras and the star above the head, it grew. It stretches. It does expand as you have described! I didn't know it could be expanded to encompass the whole universe..

It is nice to be able to link the experience with the word 'bindu'.

Also, for the past year or so I've been seeing another me, consisting of that same kind of light just off to the right side of my body and a little behind. It appears to be my whole body clone in colorful light. Sometimes it is very clear and crisp and looks exactly like me, perhaps a younger me. It even wears clothing. It is the same colorful light as is in the bindu. Now I wonder if this is actually the rainbow body. I can't seem to do much with it other than realize that it is there. Have you ever seen the rainbow body? If so, what does it look like?

TI

Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  12:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are two different things that go on in the third eye region.

1. Clairvoyance...See my "How to perform magick with yoga" thread...these are visions and imagery

2. The Star as described by yogani and others on this forum

I don't know how 1 and 2 are related.
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  12:29:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI, Usually the bindu of five lights is seen between the eyes. A bindu is just a sphere of experience. In Togal, one merges oneself with the bindu that appears between the eyes and in the sphere of vision. This is what accelerates the purification leading to rainbow body. However, in other practices, one's bindu is the whole universe of possible existences, the all possible worlds world, all dimensions. This entails a total release of expectation and leaving be. Consider that carefully before embarking are a search for the lost bindu.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  12:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

There are two different things that go on in the third eye region.

1. Clairvoyance...See my "How to perform magick with yoga" thread...these are visions and imagery

2. The Star as described by yogani and others on this forum

I don't know how 1 and 2 are related.

2. is evidence that the siddhi 1. can happen.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  12:41:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Clairvoyance is completely different to the spiritual eye. That is why almost 99% of the so-called psychics in this world know nothing about the spiritual eye.
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  12:50:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

Clairvoyance is completely different to the spiritual eye. That is why almost 99% of the so-called psychics in this world know nothing about the spiritual eye.

You are correct.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  2:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
what the heck is the spiritual eye
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  2:48:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by adamantclearlight

quote:

let me correct myself...

No they are the pure origin of the elements. The elements are a degenerate version of them. The appearance of lights is evidence of purification.

Adamant

Thats even better
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  3:35:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

what the heck is the spiritual eye

Divine eye.
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  4:34:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry for not clarifying. The spiritual eye is what Paramahansa Yogananda's teachings explain, that it is concentric circles with a 5 pointed star in the centre of them. It is a gold ring, with a purple/blue centre inside that, and a silvery white 5 pointed star right in the middle. He says that you pass through this and penetrate the star in the middle and that leads to samadhi or what he calls cosmic consciousness.

I find it odd that you are talking about a star with 5 elements and at the same time you seem to be unfamiliar with Yogananda's writings.

It's just comical
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  5:19:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
gumpi, yes thats what I am talking about when I say "the star"

The circles are important too. You want the whole bindu to appear.

Basically I think this bindu/star restores the physical body to the natural state of light body.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Jan 21 2010 5:30:50 PM
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  5:42:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are you talking from personal experience or are you talking from things you have read about?
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  5:55:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

gumpi, yes thats what I am talking about when I say "the star"

The circles are important too. You want the whole bindu to appear.

Basically I think this bindu/star restores the physical body to the natural state of light body.

Hi alwayson,
Yogananda's Self Realization Fellowship Energization exercises are a series of exercises that involve tensing one or more body parts, inhaling and drawing the light from the star into the body part(s).

As well, Norman Paulsen (disciple of Yogananda), in his book called "Sacred Science", describes a spinal breathing practice where you bring down the light from the star into each chakra all the way down the spine into the tailbone. The star is above the head, above the crown and Norman calls it "Christ Consciousness". The light transforms your body.

TI
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  6:43:34 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tibetan Ice,

I am sorry if this sounds negative but after reading what you just wrote i feel that you do not have a rational understanding of the things you are talking about. Again, i don't mean to sound agressive or hostile in any way.

I think i could disect your words and respond to them point by point but i also think that if i did that it would be offensive to you.

Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  6:46:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI,

You simply just need to stare at the bindu/star for as long as possible every day until you get rainbow body. Thats it.

Again this is speculation of course.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Jan 21 2010 6:54:43 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  7:45:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Can someone who sees the star verify five differently colored rings?
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  7:59:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Can someone who sees the star verify five differently colored rings?

Absolutely, big time. Bright and clear. You got it; first hand account: the five colored rings appear as concentric circles.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2010 :  8:15:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You see the AYP star? that came out of left field
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000