Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Scenery
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  08:49:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Yogani calls what we experience during meditation i.e. the strange lights, smells, God, lower beings, higher beings, hallucinations, whatever else... "scenery". Question: What is this scenery really?? Delusions of the mind?? Real??

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  12:30:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Yogani calls what we experience during meditation i.e. the strange lights, smells, God, lower beings, higher beings, hallucinations, whatever else... "scenery". Question: What is this scenery really?? Delusions of the mind?? Real??

Hi SeySorciere:

Symptoms of purification and opening. That is why we always easily favor the practice over the experiences that come up. Practices produce spiritual progress. Experiences do not.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Arim

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2010 :  11:49:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, symptoms of purification and opening but are these beings "real"?
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  01:28:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani. Just finished the Self-Inquiry Volume. Makes total sense !

Arim - I guess it is as real as we wish it to be!!
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2010 :  09:49:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by SeySorciere

Arim - I guess it is as real as we wish it to be!!

This was going to be my reply to you SeySorciere, but I held back from saying anything. Maybe you just read my mind.
Anything happening to you right now is your reality, and this reality is relative and ever changing, so better not to get attached to anything.
Go to Top of Page

Arim

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  4:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for your replies!

I wish I could get more specific information though, "inquiring minds want to know". Whenever I have experienced another being, it wasn't during practices, so that is not an issue. Reading Yogani's material, has made me much more comfortable in wading through what for me is uncharted waters, it seems the more information that I have about something, the easier the waters are to navigate.

When you go on a trip and see scenery on the way, in general it's all scenery. But specifically, there's a tree, there's a flower, etc. I would like to know more about specifics. I had an experience once that was probably benign but I stopped any kind of practices for many months because I didn't know what/who it was. Looking back I can imagine that it was higher being and now I regret not continuing with the communication. If I had realized at the time that it was probably a higher being, I would have been thrilled and not so frightened. Another time I saw the face of an ugly woman looking at me behind my closed eye lids. It seems (I'm imagining) that she could possibly be the epitome of the ugly part of me. I got scared and sat up but have since pondered this alot. I wish that I had said "go away and don't come back" or something like that. Maybe my life would have been different in some areas if this being was attached to me and causing problems and I got rid of it, or something like that. So, I'm not 100% sure that I should just ignore everything that happens. I certainly wouldn't ignore a God experience. Maybe if some scenery presents itself to me, it's for a reason.

Just my thoughts. Sometimes I get frustrated over general answers that are already all over the website and would like to explore just what things are, scientifically. This would only be progress. Don't get me wrong, I love Yogani and this forum.

Blessings,
Mira
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  9:28:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The reason things are so general here is that everyone's journey is different. A thousand people having direct experience of God would have a thousand different storied of what happened.
The closer we get to the real truth, the harder it is to put it into words.
So trying to ANALyze scenery is a distraction. We must ignore it, or use it to fuel our bhakti.
So for instance, ignore the ugly old lady image, or ask your higher self what it means, then immediately drop the subject completely.
If you aspire to contact God, and feel you have, use the feeling to increase your desire and devotion, bhakti, but don't dwell on it or try to possess (own) it.
What is meant by ignoring scenery is to not let your ego put stuff in your pocket and become attached to it.
Your ego wants to attach importance and ownership to experiences, and that holds you back.
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2010 :  10:33:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The reason is, what you really seek is lasting happiness. Something that always is. Finding that something in things that come and go is not possible. That is the hint. Things come and go. What always is, what remains, diving deeper into that brings you to what you really want deep in your heart.

What you seek you already are but don't experience it as that. Objects come and go, no matter how important they seem to be while they are in that moment, they will go very soon. Maybe in some seconds, maybe some minutes. And come back later again and go again etc. That is the never ending game of movement. But what really "makes" happy, that what always is, ever changing on the surface, but always the same one thing, that which is happy in itself, as itself, exactly this becomes more and more visible through ongoing nervous system cleansing.

And becoming more and more visible, whatever happens on the moving surface, you always know what really is and you can always lean back to this ever self-blissed, conscious and intelligent moving unmovingness.

That what is not moving, that which is always, the ocean as a metaphor which is used very often, seeing yourself, your truth, the truth as this untouched free beingness itself is where the journey leads to. Not about understanding this, or getting a feeling for it, but this to become a fulltime living freedom for you, thats what Yoga is made for. It works, it takes some "time" to clean the nervous system to see this and live in this, at the same time it's a total paradox that something seemingly done in time let you see your timeless untouched nature.

In AYP and generally yogic/tantric systems you find less blabla about this, because you will get (t)here by practices alone anyway. On the other side, you can talk and think a lot about this, but it is not your living reality, just a mind-projection of "possibly-it-is-so/could-be-so". Making it a living reality, so practically said, seeing the reality, that already is, that whih is untouched, free, here, peace, love; happens through the doorway of your human nervous system.

The old lady is gone long ago, what remained is some subtle old lady in the mind substance, which has its imprints in the nervous system of your body. Nothing that you need or could do something with. Comes and goes, nothing more. Doing some more DM and SBP and the old ugly lady is gone forever on every level with everything else of your past and becomes transformed your ever new now of life, more and more with the truth shining through.

Have a nice journey =)
Go to Top of Page

Arim

USA
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2010 :  02:28:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000