Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 Secrets Of Wilder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

krcqimpro1

India
329 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  04:31:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Yogani,

I have just finished one reading of this book, having bought it only on Thursday. I have some queries for you on this and would be grateful for your response:
1.You have made a distinction between 'I AM' and 'i am'. What is the reason? Is "i am" another word for "kundalini shakti?
2.On pg. 111 of your book, while describing what I think is the "chin pump", you say.... 'Then it went into a big circle, all the way up,to one side,to the back,to the other side,and then falling quickly back down like a rock.....", whereas in your practices book you don't mention about the chin going to the back. Which is the correct way? Also, I did not understand what was meant by the chin going to the back.
3. On pg. 209, where you have given a chart, I did not understand " Medulla Pull" and "i am's embrace". Does the latter mean "automatic yoga"?
4. By the practice of "breath suspension", I understand you mean "chin pump". Is this correct? And "palate lift" is the 1st stage kechari. Right?
5. Is the book " fiction", or does it include any of your personal experience? If it does, does it include the levitation and "being in two places at the same time"? I do hope I am not embarassing you with this last question.
I really enjoyed the book, though the story seemed to end too suddenly ! I would recommend it to everyone. It has increased my bhakti immensely.

Krish

Edited by - krcqimpro1 on Jan 09 2010 1:21:00 PM

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  09:46:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2010 :  10:15:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Krish:

Happy to hear you enjoyed the Secrets of Wilder (SOW). You know, it was the first book written, before AYP started, and inspired me to do AYP. That John Wilder is an inspiring fellow.

Because SOW came first, and AYP after, the practice discussions in AYP should be taken as the priority over SOW. And the writings continue to evolve, driven mainly these days by experiences in the community of practitioners. When it gets to the point where the writing is going totally in circles, I will stop.

Keeping all of that in mind, here are a few comments on your questions:

1. "I AM" and "i am" (etc.) are literary devices that were used to denote the refinement (inward going) characteristics of the mantra. That's all.

2. AYP instructions on chin pump take precedence.

3. Medulla pull is sambhavi (it actually pulls far below the medulla, at the root). I am's embrace is ecstatic whole body mudra in AYP (which is a mixture of intentional and automatic, beginning with a raising of the eyes).

4. Breath suspension is kumbhaka, which is used in chin pump and yoni mudra in AYP. Yes, palate lift is kechari.

5. Yes, SOW is fiction. Like all fiction, it is a story constructed with a mixture of real and fictional events. Obviously, the practices and many of the experiences are real, as many here can verify. Where reality and fiction meet in the novel is best left to the reader's imagination, and bhakti.

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000