AYPsite.org Forum
 Books, Web Sites, Audio, Video, etc.
 NO MIND, I AM THE SELF
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  05:24:51 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
No Mind, I Am The Self
The lives and teachings of Sri Lakshmana Swamy and Mathru Sri Sarada
http://www.fieldsbooks.com/cgi-bin/...s/AVAD1.html

this book finally reached me and it's one hell of a very good read.

it is about the life and teachings of Sri Lakshmana Swamy (a direct disciple of Sri Ramana Maharshi) and Mathru Sri Sarada and it's written perfectly by brother David Godman.

this is one of my other posts in whom there is most of the internet links about these two beautiful beings:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6294

namaste

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 13 2009 :  10:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Interesting title, considering even Ramana Maharishi said he still had a thoughtstream. But a title is just a title.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  04:29:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi alwayson, i would appreciate it if you could share with me where Sri Ramana says that.

about Sri Lakshmana, in his early days of sadhana he says that his thoughts stopped arising and even the thought of hunger stopped for him and that made him neglect a lot of his body needs... ("from the book")

from what i've understood from the book: everything became automatic and it was the silent outpouring of the Self which manifested in action...

i honestly think that the book is a wonderful read and do recommend it a lot, it's worth every cent and much more.

plus Sri Lakshmana Swami almost says the same exact thing as Yogani concerning ripe devotees and those who can receive the Guru's Grace or practice self enquiry and those who cannot.

btw there's been an interaction between me and Yogani lately about the subject of the death of the mind on email and this is his reply:

quote:
The mind will never become dead until we are dead. It goes from being a tool of identified self to being a tool of unidentified Self. What becomes dead in this life is identification of our awareness as self with things in time and space. That is not death of the mind. It is the illumination of the mind in divine outpouring. It is the same thing we are talking about as Ramana and everyone who has this experience. Only the words are different. The point of view is colored by culture and language. But it is the same thing that happens in everyone. AYP leads there gradually. Some claim it can be instant. I agree that it can be instant once one is ripe (living deep in witness), but becoming ripe is definitely not instant. So it is word-play again.

namaste
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  12:08:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I read it somewhere on the internet. I think I might have also read it second hand in "Silence of the Heart".

I think it says in "Silence of the Heart" that Ramana said he still had evil thoughts.

But then he says the thoughtstream is a rope pretending to be a snake.

Edited by - alwayson2 on Dec 15 2009 12:23:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  1:46:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
if it's out there i will stumble unto it at one time or the other.

thx bro
Go to Top of Page

chinna

United Kingdom
241 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  5:51:44 PM  Show Profile  Visit chinna's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by alwayson2

I read it somewhere on the internet. I think I might have also read it second hand in "Silence of the Heart".

I think it says in "Silence of the Heart" that Ramana said he still had evil thoughts.

But then he says the thoughtstream is a rope pretending to be a snake.

I recall reading how Ramana thought ill of the planning authorities at one point in the development of Sri Ramanashramam, and got angry with them, because they were not allowing him to have his way.

It's not about not thinking. It's about seeing there is no thinker to take delivery of thoughts and their effects.

chinna
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  09:20:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
each time we go out from samadhi we get lost on maya.lets live on samadhi as much as possible.Swami Shivananda.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000