Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Do you do Jala Neti / Nasal Wash before Spinal P ?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

aypsisya

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  2:43:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit aypsisya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello All,

Do any of you do a regular (everyday) Jala Neti / Nasal Wash before begining Spinal Pranayama ?

Is there any side effects in doing Jala Neti every single day ???

It keeps my nasal clean and aids during SP, not sure if any adverse impact it can pose ?

thank you again !

Edited by - aypsisya on Jan 07 2010 2:43:58 PM

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  4:21:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do jala neti usually 3 times every day, and have only noticed positive benefits. There are no adverse effects which I can think of.
Go to Top of Page

aypsisya

USA
14 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  5:19:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit aypsisya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
WoW, thats cool... Thank you !

quote:
Originally posted by Clear White Light

I do jala neti usually 3 times every day, and have only noticed positive benefits. There are no adverse effects which I can think of.

Go to Top of Page

brother neil

USA
752 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2010 :  4:06:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
at one point I did it every day for about a year. I used to be highly allergic to cats and now I only have minor reactions to them unless the house has a lot of cat fur around. You can also do a nasal waxh by surfing good sized waves.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  2:40:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aypsisya

I have been doing jala neti once a day (when I shower) for about 5 or so months now....the only adverse effect I have noticed is that my nasal passages can be a little dry sometimes....but I do live in Canada and it is winter right now, so it is generally really dry here, which probably aggravates it. What I have been doing is after doing jala neti I will put a small amount of polysporin in each nostril to keep them moist. When I wasn't doing this I noticed that I was prone to nose bleeds (small ones) due to the excessively dry nasal passages. This wasn't happening before doing jala neti daily, but then again it was fall when I started so maybe it is just the weather. Either way, I don't find much for adverse side effects, but I do find that I have a considerably easier time breathing through my nose all day long. Positives far outwiegh the potential negatives here IME.

Love.
Go to Top of Page

alamedvav

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2011 :  02:52:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Aypsisya, I don't think there are any restrictions on Neti. It was prescribed to me by my doctor several years ago who did my deviated nasal septum surgery. And he was an Indian guy, who said to do as needed.
Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2011 :  01:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
jala neti is a very safe practice.....dont worry
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000