Asanas - Postures and Physical Culture
 asanas classes.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2010 :  8:17:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
This friday will begin taking asanas clases in my city.Its a good centre,teaching yoga here since 1974.The same teacher all this years and his son,so...will be experienced people in asanas.
I want to join 2 days per week,monday and friday,one hour of classes.
Do you think its a good idea,?im really sensitive to practice and more practice can lead to overload.
But maybe twice a week is not too much.
Just feel the need to share my joy about this,and will be an oportunity for being practicing yoga here with more people.
Thanks.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  08:05:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think it will really help Miguel.
Asanas stretch and move the body in ways to smooth out blocks. I think you will enjoy the lessons.

Don't think "overload"... just go with the flow. If after the first class you feel it was too much, you can cut it down to once a week.

Have fun.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  09:03:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Don't think "overload"... just go with the flow

Yesthats a good idea.

thanks shanti.Ill enjoy,for sure
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  09:33:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds cool. Hope you enjoy it. I've been toying with the idea of going to ohio to become certified in satyananda yoga, but it is so expensive...
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2010 :  09:59:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks clearwl.Asanas is an amazing world also,and much difference when you learn how to do it correctly with a good teacher.I have done it at home and its not the same.A good teacher near is a great difference.
The classes im gonna do are "classic yoga asanas".

Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  09:47:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Vvery good experince yesterday in my first asanas class.Very very good.
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2010 :  10:02:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yesterday felt lot of energy running,a bit unconfortable...maybe should i reduce a bit my other practices.
Today,the day after,i have been feeling lot of sexual excitament.It seems that working wit the the body yesterday awoke lot of sexual energy.(storehouse in pelvis area).
How to manage all that energy in yoga now?,the sexual experience was unconfortable and painful.It got blocked in solar plexus and second chakra.I felt stong need for sexI havent partner and releasing my seed is the best option for now.Painful.
Sorry for the explicit words and experiences.Im a man.

Edited by - miguel on Jan 08 2010 10:32:42 AM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  1:58:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
After yoga asanas classes i experience lot of hunger. Anybody knows why it happens and the best way to manage it?.thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  2:10:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I would imagine that you're hungry beacuse of the increased amount of energy you burn from doing asana. You simply need to eat. Your body probably needs more protein.

Edited by - Clear White Light on Jan 16 2010 2:20:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

miguel

Spain
1197 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2010 :  3:30:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Are there very much energy burning when doing asanas? the asanas i practice are really gentle and relaxed sessions,no perspiration...
I experience more hunger than i experience after doing jogging or other sports.And its a different kind of hunger than after doing some sport.Its like i have more apetite and find the food and tastes more atractive and magnified.
Its simmilar hunger you got after smoking pot.You dont need to eat,but you want cz tastes and food looks incredible atractice.

Thanks.

Edited by - miguel on Jan 16 2010 4:22:33 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000