Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 In Darkness and Light
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  02:30:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Quote:
--
The Essenes group is the only group all over the world who thinks of God as absolute darkness. The Koran says God is light, the Upanishads say God is light, the Bible says God is light. The Essenes group is the only tradition in the world which says that God is absolute blackness, absolute darkness, just an infinite black night.

One thing: darkness is eternal. Light comes and goes; darkness remains. In the morning the sun will rise and there will be light; in the evening the sun will set and there will be darkness. For darkness nothing will rise -- it is always there. It never rises and never sets. Light comes and goes; darkness remains. Light always has some source; darkness is without source. That which has some source cannot be infinite; only that which is sourceless can be infinite and eternal. Light has a certain disturbance; that's why you cannot sleep in light. It creates a tension. Darkness is relaxation, total relaxation.

Darkness seems to be the womb out of which everything arises and into which everything falls.

All forms arise out of darkness and dissolve into darkness. Worlds come, are created out of darkness, and they fall back into darkness. Darkness is the womb, the cosmic womb. The undisturbed, the absolute stillness is there.

http://www.otantra.net/oTantra/VBTv...apter11.html
Book of Secrets - Osho
--

I was always afraid of darkness even though I am 30 years old. My son (2.5 years) is also afraid of darkness.

But after reading this chapter I have become a friend with it. I wish I had read this book a few years earlier. Now I am teaching my son to get rid of his fear.

I kick the ball in a dark room and then I go inside with him. I can see he is afraid but I remain in the room and play with him in the dark for a while. I hope he overcomes this fear before me. Or until he too reads this chapter when he's grown :)

One thing is sure... darkness and light are one. There is no difference.

Edited by - AYPforum on Jan 12 2010 4:50:00 PM

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1553 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  07:38:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Very interesting. I did not know that - thank you. But then we all acknowledge that God is all that is and all that is not; so both light and darkness
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2010 :  2:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by manigma

Quote:
--
The Essenes group is the only group all over the world who thinks of God as absolute darkness.

Hi Manigma :)
Do you believe everything that Osho writes? I don't. I don't because Osho often writes things just to make you think and sometimes even just to entertain.

I did a quick search on the net and I found this:

link: http://www.themystica.com/mystica/a...essenes.html

quote:

As always the Essenes saw themselves as the holy ones in the brotherhood of "The Sons of Light."

also this:
link: http://www.essenespirit.com/who.html
quote:

The Essenes considered their Brotherhood-Sisterhood as the presence on earth of the Teaching of the sons and daughters of God. They were the light which shines in the darkness and which invites the darkness to change itself into light.

So, is there any source that you know of that confirms that the Essenes think of God as absolute darkness (other than Osho)?

:)
TI
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2010 :  02:25:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi TI

No, I don't believe in everything that Osho says. For example, in the same chapter he says that Jesus was taught in Essenes School, yet in another book he has said that Jesus was taught in India and his grave is also in India (in Kashmir).

Osho has himself said that his statements are contradictory and that he lies to his disciples. Sometimes lies are used to kill lies. And this is one of the reasons I love him. Truth can never be learnt from others. It was a trick that Osho played with his disciples and many would distrust him, leave him, or even curse him. But only a few would think.

See this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otGQqO2TYMI

PS: Osho has never written anything. All the books are based on his live discourses.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  07:52:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello manigma,it would be very interesting that you put a link or show where did you get the information of the essenes thinking of god as absolute darkness.As far as i know,the essenes believed on the UNIVERSAL LAW or at least this is what Edmond Bordeaux Szekely,tells in his books about them.the essenes believed that forces of light were in constant fighting against the forces of darkness,and they used to call them selves as the sons of light,so its a little confusing this new knowledge to me,please could you explain a little more or write a link ,so i could inform my self about it?between the forces or angels they used to worship or pray to the angel of the son was the first.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2010 :  12:55:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
among their angel prayers they whorshiped the sun as the first angel
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  04:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry, I have no other links or references.

But I consider Darkness and Light come from the same source. One can worship either, it does not make a difference.

They are both complimentary and instead of constantly fighting, I rather see them as constantly dancing.

There are no sons of light/angels etc fighting with darkness. Its all confusion of a dualistic mind fighting within its own dreamworld.

Somehow reminds me of my own topic posted a while ago:
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=6371

AUM
INFINITY IS THAT
INFINITY IS THIS
FROM INFINITY, INFINITY HAS COME INTO EXISTENCE
FROM INFINITY, WHEN INFINITY IS TAKEN AWAY
INFINITY REMAINS.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  09:30:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello manigma,i respect your point of view,although i respect more the real point of view of the essenes,the essenes were advanced mystically and spiritually communities.and they didnt thought of god as darkness ,nevertheless they had a high spiritual concept about the term light,and certainly the called themselves the sons of light.they saw the internal battle of the forces of light(the satvic and divine qualities)against the forces of darkness(the tamasic ones)this is very well known and scientificaly proven.please everyone of us would appreciate it if you rightly document your self, before posting.please get your facts stright.
Go to Top of Page

emc

2072 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  3:01:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Darkness seems to be the womb out of which everything arises and into which everything falls.

All forms arise out of darkness and dissolve into darkness. Worlds come, are created out of darkness, and they fall back into darkness. Darkness is the womb, the cosmic womb. The undisturbed, the absolute stillness is there.

This is a beautiful description that resonates very much with my experience here. Thank you for posting! Light is existence, energy, movement/vibration. Before/beyond/encompassing existence is: ________________ and here it's experienced as blackness until it's not really relevant to call it anything.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  4:21:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the concept of darkness or light its a wrong perception its maya quality,it simply doesnt exist,and its just funny that people who claim to have mastered samadhi,still try to include quality colours to the reality.what you see is not what it is.consciousness has no colour is just consciousness.there is no beginning no end no colour no form no sound no time no space no cycle,it only is.
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2010 :  4:50:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  06:24:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by omarkaya
..they had a high spiritual concept about the term light,and certainly they called themselves the sons of light.they saw the internal battle of the forces of light(the satvic and divine qualities)against the forces of darkness(the tamasic ones)this is very well known and scientificaly proven.

can you please elaborate on this? what is satvic and tamsic? and what do you mean by scientifically proven?
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  07:34:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
manigma ,wikipedia and google are your friends
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  08:01:05 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
the web tells me about the food... whats good and whats bad for a yogi.

is that what you mean by "they had a high spiritual concept about the term light.."?

that the essenes were telling people to become sattvic/vegetarian?

what exactly is the meaning of "they saw the internal battle of the forces of light"?

please clarify.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2010 :  09:01:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
manigma,the term sattvic and tamasic is not specific for food its a quality of nature.please go to google.com and search "Gospels Of Peace"get inside the web and read;the essenes gospel of peace book 1 book 2 book 3 book 4,enjoy the reading is a fascinant lecture full of wisdome and contains wonderful meditations,one of the best books ive ever read.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  02:39:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have gone through all the 4 books.

I can gaze at the sun directly and it does not blind my eyes. Its not really me looking at it, its the outer sun looking at the inner sun.

Be still, Know

The sun is visible because of the darkness that surrounds it.
Go to Top of Page

omarkaya

Spain
146 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  06:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit omarkaya's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello manigma,i hope you did enjoy the lecture,its very pretty what you said about gazing the sun,may he enlighten our way.om.
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  08:12:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
FOCUS ON FIRE
RISING THROUGH YOUR FORM
FROM THE TOES UP
UNTIL THE BODY BURNS TO ASHES
BUT NOT YOU.
- Lord Shiva
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000