New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  11:17:00 AM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Chinna, With all do respect. Please. Lighten up. Us yogi types face suffering joyfully. I, myself, am an attorney specializing in death penalty cases. I live in gangland, California. Talk about grim. Horror movies are funny to me. Many of my clients are psychotic. No deep conversation about reality going on there. So I know what its like to face ignorance and suffering. That work is a big reason why I'm always practicing yoga and satsang'ing with all of you. Honestly, I have to admit, I was hesitant to admit, that bliss states and shamatha really help. Seeing reality is one thing. Making it comfortable is another. Reality is a bit stark. We have to lighten up a bit, don't you think? Pranayam and mantra practice is a nice buffer. If you have the right view, then there's no problem of attachment.

Adamant

P.S. I agree that touching the afflicted with wisdom is the highest most amazing siddhi. We ourselves have to be in balance and the slightest gesture of wisdom is received powerfully. A master is quiet/confident/joyful. And powerful and earthshaking when s/he needs to be. But not heavy and gloomy.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  12:33:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sad to see you go Chinnamastananda.

I wish you the best on your path.

Love Always,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4430 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  6:33:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Chinna,

I second Adamant, lighten up!

I too have spent many years working with some of the most deprived and abused children in the world. In my own case it was in the poorest country of the world (Nepal). I know how heartbreaking it can be, and the challenges that need to be faced. And I know what hopelssness and despair mean.

I also know what hope and joy mean, and I have seen how situations which seemed hopeless have been turned around through the power of belief. Belief in our own abilities, and in our power to make a difference, which is, I am sure, what you do in your work every day.

Just to mention, what I was saying about love was not a theory, or a point of view, I was simply describing my own experience. If you don't like it, I can't really help that.

All the best,

Christi
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000