Enlightenment Milestones
 Good news everyone!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mimirom

Czech Republic
368 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  07:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit mimirom's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste friends,

I'd like to announce (quite proudly in fact) some really good news from over here, just so that everybody knows. I'm delighted to add my own firsthand experience YES, to what's been said many times already. So:

I started drinking alcohol as soon as age 12 and managed to carry on with relatively heavy drinking habits for full 20 years. I developed a deep addiction. During that time I added marihuana, which I continued smoking compulsively for about 14 years. Also, I was doing lots of ecstasy in the period from approx. 19 - 29, so that's about 10 years. To my eventual surprise, I developed an addiction to those pills as well. I did methamphetamine for about 1 to 2 years. Also many experiments with magic mushrooms and LSD. I injured myself many times (broken bones,grazed skin on face,heavy intoxication...) not being able to control my behavior. Last but not least, I smoked 20 cigarettes a day for 12 years.

I'm incredibly happy to say, that all this is now history. After my last heavy intoxication on the end of August, I'm abstaining from addictive substances without the slightest effort. I feel lightness, deep calmness about the issue and profound restoration. Every second of being sooo clean is now a true celebration.

My thanks go to Stan and Christina Grof and their Holotropic Breathwok technique, which is an incredibly smart and powerful tool that gave me access to immense healing capacity hidden inside my own psyche. The work of those two is a blessing for every human struggling with a substance addiction.
And than of course, Yogani and you, the AYP community. The advanced yoga practices really served as the ideal tool for the final push towards liberation. Thanks guruji Yogani, I bow to you. Also, the support of the entire community and especially those of you who previously won this same battle and shared their experience here was of crucial importance to me. Thank you friends, I bow to you as well.

Truthfulness, fearlessness and spiritual practices - those are the keys to overcoming substance addictions. At least for me they were.

Thanks for listening.

Love you all,

Roman

Edited by - mimirom on Dec 23 2009 06:37:28 AM

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  10:43:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Huge congrats Roman! I'm so happy for you Brother. The freedom and joy of being able to step out of the prison of addiction is something I am very familiar with and I am so glad that you have found the same freedom. May it last forever.

Love,
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  11:24:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow!!! What an inspiring post Mimirom.

Thank you for sharing this with us.

Wish you all the best and continued success.
Go to Top of Page

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  12:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
bravo!!!
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2009 :  11:08:15 AM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Wow I'm so happy!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000