Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Preparatory/supportive/ending mantras w/DM?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  07:54:52 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

I use Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo to connect with Deity/Higher-Self, which prepares me for Deep Meditation and as a means to dissolve selfish desires. I recite it 3X's slowly and deeply in lotus/prayer-pose.

I end with Sat Nam! 3X's also.

The Adi Shakti Mantra has recently come to my attention lately, it's purposes being to:

Dissolve doubt
and insecurities
and fears
Manifests desires

I have also, from the same source, re-discovered:

Ek On Kar, Sat Nam Siri, Wha (He) Guru
(i personally LOVE the Wahe guru mantras!)....Which i would like to add also as part of my practice, in that it:

Awakens the DM Kundalini
Fills the mind with ecstacy and bliss
Awakens powerful vibrations in body and mind (YUM!)

Yet, i wanna stay on the safe side, avoid over-load, stick with the program and not fall into my chronic habit of "lusting after the next new practice!".

Due to the nature of these, they would seem to be healthy embellishments, because i suffer from bouts of fear and ALOT of anger, which i think are stimulated by the cleansing effect of Deep Meditation and were also seemingly triggered by Kriya practices of the past. Not being an expert, i don't wanna blow my top off!

Could i get a little advice from my experts on this?

as has

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  08:43:37 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
P.S. I also thought the mantras i mentioned, might be useful in extinguishing doubts that i no longer feel to be purposeful, but that seem to hang on as deeply programmed mental habits, which is the same with my insecurities.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  12:05:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Rael,

quote:
Yet, i wanna stay on the safe side, avoid over-load, stick with the program and not fall into my chronic habit of "lusting after the next new practice!".

There is really no limit to the degree to which you could modify the AYP system to include this or that. It may be benefitial, or may be a distraction which sees you circling for years. It's good to be aware of that.

If you really want to stay on the safe side, avoid over-load, stick with the program and not fall into your chronic habit of "lusting after the next new practice", then I would recommend sticking with the AYP system as it is laid out in the main lesson. It is a very powerful system of yoga, and as I see it, there is no need to add to it in terms of energy practices (which includes the use of mantras).

Something amazing happens when you surrender the minds incessant wanting for the next best thing, and you simply settle in with what is, already, present. In terms of AYP that means following the programme as it is laid out.

With mantras, it is good to remember that some mantras are very powerful, and adding mantras in ad hoc can bring you quite quickly to a place of instability. This is even more important in the case of AYP because the practices are designed to bring about mantra sensitivity and awaken the chakra system.

If you are adding on additional mantras, then remember that there can be a doubling-up effect in terms of energy activation, so you need to be aware of that in terms of self-pacing.

So be careful, practice wisely and remember to self-pace when necessary.

Christi

Edited by - Christi on Dec 21 2009 8:40:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  4:48:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Chriti, very useful advice!

Smiles
Go to Top of Page

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  9:10:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Something amazing happens when you surrender the minds incessant wanting for the next best thing, and you simply settle in with what is, already, present.

I agree with Christi. Throughout this year, I had built up my AYP practice to where I was doing almost every practice mentioned in the lessons. I felt stagnant and wanted to supercharge my practice. Not too long ago, I cut way back to a basic practice, and this was a huge boost to my progress. Letting go and trusting the system was a huge lesson for me.

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

Rael

USA
173 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2009 :  03:32:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit Rael's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosmic,

Verrrrry Interesting!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000