Tantra - A Holistic View of Spiritual Development
 Dry Spells
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ImseVimse

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  8:25:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit ImseVimse's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have no desire to have sex. I just don't want it or need it at this time in my life. Is that a bad thing, or a sign of progress? I've been told conflicting things.

Not sure if it's due to stress, energy imbalance, or something else.

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2009 :  9:36:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So long as the lack of desire for sex isn't accompanied by some kind of aversion or other extreme feelings or behaviors, then I think it is just fine. I find that my sexual desire often waxes and wanes. I wouldn't necessarily look at it as either a bad or a good thing, just a thing that is happening. :)
Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  08:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The whole body is rooted in the spine. If the spine is young, you are young. If the spine is old, you are old. If you can keep your spine young, it is difficult to become old. Everything depends on your spine. If your spine is alive, you will have a very brilliant mind. If the spine is dull and dead, you will have a very dull mind. The whole yoga tries in many ways to make your spine alive, brilliant, filled with light, young and fresh.

The spine has two ends: the beginning is the sex center and the end is SAHASRARA, the seventh center at the top of the head. The beginning of the spine is attached to the earth, and sex is the most earthly thing in you. From the beginning center in your spine you are in contact with nature, with what Sankhya has called PRAKRATI -- the earth, the material. From the last center, or the second pole, SAHASRAR, in the head, you are in contact with the divine. These are the two poles of your existence. First is sex and second is the SAHASRAR. There is no word for SAHASRAR in English. These are the two poles. Either your life will be sex oriented or SAHASRAR oriented. Either your energy will be flowing down from the sex center back to the earth, or your energy will be released from the SAHASRAR into the cosmos. From the SAHASRAR you flow into the BRAHMAN, into the absolute Existence. From sex you flow down into the relative existence. These are the two flows, the two possibilities. Unless you start flowing upwards, your misery will never end. You may have glimpses of happiness, but only glimpses -- and very illusory ones.

When the energy starts moving upwards you will have more and more real glimpses. And once it reaches the SAHASRAR and is released from there, you will have the absolute bliss with you. That is NIRVANA. Then there is no glimpse; you become the bliss itself. So the whole thing for yoga and tantra is how to move energy upwards through the vertebrae, through the spinal column, how to help it move against gravity. Sex is very easy because it follows gravitation. The earth is pulling everything down, back; your sex energy is pulled by the earth. You may not have heard it, but astronauts have felt this -- that the moment they move beyond the earth's gravity they don't feel much sexuality. As the body loses weight, sexuality dissolves, disappears.

http://www.otantra.net/oTantra/VBTv...apter07.html
The Book of Secrets - Osho
Go to Top of Page

ImseVimse

USA
13 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2009 :  12:25:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit ImseVimse's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the replies. :)
I'm not sure I can honestly say there are no negative feelings attached to it. I don't feel strongly one way or the other, but sometimes I do feel a little resentment, like it's just a chore I have to perform. I feel like I just have less energy in my lower chakras.

The dry spell started when my life underwent a major change, which caused energy depletion/feeling less grounded. Around the same time, my husband did something to break my trust, so that contributed to it. The trust issues have been resolved, but I still have no libido. I think it's mostly due to energy imbalance, but I still second-guess myself and wonder if my ego is getting in the way.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000