AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Milarepa - His Life and Teachings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  09:52:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I would like to share these books about the life of the venerable Milarepa.

Milarepa touched me deeply in the perseverance he went through toward getting enlightened in the life he had.

this is one of the most beautiful sage stories ever, i hope you benefit from it in case you decide to read it and trust me it's worth it.

enjoy:
http://www.kagyu-asia.com/l_mila_1_index.html

Edited by - Ananda on Dec 10 2009 10:02:35 AM

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  12:48:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I love Mila.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

mrcuteblackie

United Kingdom
7 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2009 :  3:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit mrcuteblackie's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Please let me know if Milarepa really lived on this earth, or is it just a story character as peoiple say Jesus was. That is, the people existed, but some purport that the things the "did and say" are merely stories. Plerase shed some light on Milarepa's life in history, some proofs thathe could pass through walls and do many miracles. Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Dec 19 2009 :  3:45:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is a movie out there about a tale of Milarepa's early life. I found it as a torrent once.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0499238/

It correlates with chapter 3 in the link which Ananda posted.
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  11:16:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mrcuteblackie

Please let me know if Milarepa really lived on this earth, or is it just a story character as peoiple say Jesus was. That is, the people existed, but some purport that the things the "did and say" are merely stories. Plerase shed some light on Milarepa's life in history, some proofs thathe could pass through walls and do many miracles. Thank you

if you need proof for such stuff, i suggest you search for it yourself.

for me the best thing to do in all scenarios is to benefit the best way we can from inspiring stories and events and in case they exist or not that doesn't make a difference.

just benefit the best way you can!

namaste
Go to Top of Page

adamantclearlight

USA
410 Posts

Posted - Dec 20 2009 :  2:48:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit adamantclearlight's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by mrcuteblackie

Milarepa really lived. Proof in the miracles can be seen where he left imprints of his feet and such in stone. The Kagyu lineage is in possession of his clothes and relics from his body, like his scalp.

Adamant
Go to Top of Page

alwayson2

USA
546 Posts

Posted - Dec 21 2009 :  12:35:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson2's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I do not know if all the stories attributed to him are true, but yes as far as I know, he was a real guy
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000