AYPsite.org Forum
 Gurus, Sages and Higher Beings
 Swami Satyananda Saraswati took mahasamadhi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2009 :  6:20:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Paramhansa Swami Satyananda Saraswati (Bihar School of Yoga) took mahasamadhi on 5th December.

Edited by - arzkiyahai on Dec 08 2009 03:10:48 AM

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  09:01:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is truly a great loss..
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  09:28:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello friends,

i don't see it as a lost instead it is a blessing to all humanity and a step in it's evolution bcz the enlightened are for the good of everything in existence and maybe the last step before reaching the final stage of enlightenment seems to require a total surrender to Truth\God and what's more humble and divine in surrendering one's life voluntarily to Truth when it calls.

this is one of the spiritual giants who left a rich spiritual heritage behind them and for that the guy deserves a lot of our gratitude.

something that happened with me and which is a weird thing to share is that out of nowhere thoughts on Swami Satyananda came over my head on the same day of his passing (p.s: i have no interaction with him or any of his lineage, i just read one of his books "kundalini tantra" a few months back i think)

rest in peace Swami Satyananda and thank you for a life lived in service.

namaste beautiful one(f)
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  09:49:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Something similar happened to me. Satyananda Saraswati's teachings have influenced me more than any other Yogi, and his books have been instrumental in getting me into daily yoga practice. One night several nights ago just before meditating, I became overwhelmed with feelings of emotion for Satyananda Saraswati and in my mind I asked him if he would be my guru. Kind of a silly thing to do, I guess..since I knew I would probably never be so fortunate as to actually meet him. But that's what I did. I'm pretty sure it also coincided with his passing.

I realize my feelings of loss at his passing come from a place of selfishness and egocentricity. I suppose I just want him to remain in the world to teach forever! lol :D
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5201 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  2:53:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

A leading 20th century teacher and author on spiritual practices. A major contributor in moving yoga writings from obscure theory to clear practical instruction for everyone, a trend that is discussed in this lesson: http://www.aypsite.org/253.html

Without the work of great ones such as this, there could be no AYP.

Thank you, Satyananda. You will live with us always.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

manigma

India
1065 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  08:22:14 AM  Show Profile  Visit manigma's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The energy that Buddha released into existence is still functioning. That energy is still available to those who are REALLY searching. The energy goes on and on working, and it will go on working for eternity. Jesus is no more, but his Christ-consciousness has entered into the new sphere. Mahavir is no more, but his consciousness has entered into this oceanic life. These people have become part of existence; they vibrate. - Osho

Swami has gone nowhere. He is right here right now
Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  05:06:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

By Paramhansa Swami Satyananda Saraswati

I am an invisible child of a thousand faces of love,
That floats over the swirling sea of life,
Surrounded by the meadows of the winged shepherds,
Where divine love and beauty,
The stillness of midnight summer's warmth pervades.

Life often cuts at my body and mind
And though blood may be seen passing,
And a cry might be heard,
Do not be deceived that sorrow could dwell within my being
Or suffering within my soul.
There will never be a storm
That can wash the path from my feet,
The direction from my heart,
The light from my eyes,
Or the purpose from this life.

I know that I am untouchable to the forces
As long as I have a direction, an aim, a goal:
To serve, to love, and to give.
Strength lies in the magnification of the secret qualities
Of my own personality, my own character
And though I am only a messenger,
I am me.

Let me decorate many hearts
And paint a thousand faces with colours of inspiration
And soft, silent sounds of value.
Let me be like a child,
Run barefoot through the forest
Of laughing and crying people,
Giving flowers of imagination and wonder,
That God gives free.
Shall I fall on bended knees,
And wait for someone to bless me
With happiness and a life of golden dreams?

No, I shall run into the desert of life with my arms open,
Sometimes falling, sometimes stumbling,
But always picking myself up,
A thousand times if necessary,
Sometimes happy.
Often life willl burn me,
Often life will caress me tenderly
And many of my days will be haunted
With complications and obstacles,
And there will be moments so beautiful
That my soul will weep in ecstasy.

I shall be a witness,
But never shall I run
Or turn from life, from me.

Never shall I forsake myself
Or the timeless lessons I have taught myself,
Nor shall I let the value
Of divine inspiration and being be lost.
My rainbow-covered bubble will carry me
Further than beyond the horizon's settings,
Forever to serve, to love, and to live
As a sannyasin.

Swami Satyananda Saraswati
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2009 :  10:18:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for sharing this Arzkiyahai. I wonder where you got this from, and if there is more? I would be very interested in reading more of swamiji's poetry.
Go to Top of Page

arzkiyahai

93 Posts

Posted - Dec 14 2009 :  12:12:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit arzkiyahai's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Clear White Light

Thank you for sharing this Arzkiyahai. I wonder where you got this from, and if there is more? I would be very interested in reading more of swamiji's poetry.

Hi ClearwhiteLight,

I got this poem from the net, Swami Satyananda Saraswati wrote many poems in Hindi/Sanskrit http://www.yogavision.net/pubs/tapes_sss.htm#dar2

I am not able to find any more english poems by him. If you can understand Hindi, then the above link might be useful. :)

Edited by - arzkiyahai on Dec 14 2009 01:19:04 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000