Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Group Meditation/Work: Internationally
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mattb23

Australia
99 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  11:01:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Dear Friends,

I'm writing to you from Sydney, Australia, and I'm wondering if group meditations (&/ or Satsangs/study groups) will be available via live streaming online in the future (if not already)???

From my very 'limited' understanding, being very new to this path (& yoga teachings as a whole), group work has an invaluable impact on our spiritual growth both as individuals and a collective (in any sincere spiritual practice).

Even if there is my local time zone difference may pose a challenge.

Namaste,

Matt

Edited by - mattb23 on Dec 10 2009 01:55:31 AM

cosmic

USA
821 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  12:48:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello and welcome, Matt

Actually, there is a global AYP group meditation every Saturday and Sunday. It isn't streamed or online, although it is very live .

You can learn more about it here:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....ID=5232#5232

Participants start meditation at the same time, wherever they are. Many have reported deeper meditation during the group session, compared to their solitary practice. I've experienced this too, although it's been a long time since I've participated.

It's great to have you here. Have a safe and wonderful journey!

Peace
cosmic
Go to Top of Page

mattb23

Australia
99 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  01:58:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

I did see some info on that but misunderstood how it works.

'Now' I understand :)

I will try it in the near future.

Thank you Cosmic :)
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  07:36:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It will be great to have you with us Matt.

You can look for your meditation start time here (it is updated once a month, so hopefully the standard time/DST is taken care of): http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclo...1=176&sort=2

We start mantra meditation at the time specified on that list. You will be joining the Global Meditation Group East (unless you like meditating early morning, at like 3.15 am, then you can join the Global Meditation Group West also ), and Sydney starts mantra meditation at 5.15 pm.

Please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have.

Welcome to the AYP forums.
Go to Top of Page

mattb23

Australia
99 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2009 :  03:33:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your warm welcome Shanti and for the time zone/meditation info as well!

It is much appreciated :)

Forgive the delayed response, I only just noticed you responded now.

For the moment, I'm simply focusing on getting grounded in the course material (being brand new). But you'll certainly be seeing me around here a bit in the not too distant to communicate with you & our fellow AYP friends.

So far, so good! I'm just open to the journey now.

Blessings to you,

Matt :)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000