Kundalini - AYP Practice-Related
 Symptoms in the brow region
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

The_seeker

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  12:41:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit The_seeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
It's been a couple of days since, during spinal breathing, meditation or sutras I have amazing sensations in the head, specially in the brow (like tingling, shivery sensations...etc, but very pleasurable). The sensations are overwhelming, I feel kinda waves of ecstasy flowing into my body, but in the head the sensation is very clear and really INCREDIBLE.
Even after the procedure for a couple of hours I feel like I'm walking on the clouds:)
I don't know what to think, is it normal? should I keep practicing without restriction?
If anybody could give me an advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for my english, I'm french canadian:)

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  08:16:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Welcome to the AYP forums.

What you are experiencing is your third eye opening. It is beautiful.

As for, if you need to self pace? If what you are experiencing is causing you discomfort (which I don't think it is) during the day and/or during practice, you may need to self pace. Else, you can keep going with your practices as you are. Just keep in mind a bit of grounding will help (walks, exercise).

Wish you all the best in your chosen path.

PS: Your English is fine. Thank you for posting.
Go to Top of Page

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  09:11:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes it is quite normal (a good thing in fact), and you should be able to continue with your practices normally so long as the energetic sensations do not become uncomfortable or too intense for you to handle.
Go to Top of Page

The_seeker

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  1:38:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit The_seeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you guys for answering me so promptly. Yes, definitely sensations are not uncomfortable, on the contrary, are very pleasurable, so pleasurable that could very easily get addicted to them.
It's an incredible state of joy, well being, pleasure and I don't know, even something close to sexual arousal (I know, this is weird but it feels like it).
By the way Shanti, by doing exercise in order to get more grounded were you referring to asanas as well? ...or just western type of physical activity.

Thank you
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  5:26:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sounds delightful! I am wondering if you have tried the solar plexus enhancement during mantra practice as I am curious how those sensations will feel when brought down from the head
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  8:01:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by The_seeker

By the way Shanti, by doing exercise in order to get more grounded were you referring to asanas as well? ...or just western type of physical activity.

Thank you

I would say grounding as in walking and exercises, or what you are referring to as western type physical activity.

Asanas are very subtle movements that are designed to open up our nervous system and work best when done along with pranayama and meditation. Hence it is one of the eight limbs of yoga. They can at times open up channels that could result in overloads... esp. when not done along with meditation. Some find it grounding, but some feel overloaded if they do too much of asanas (just like with spinal breathing, some find it a great way to stabilize excess energy, some feel overloaded with spinal breathing).

You will have to find out for yourself if asanas are grounding for you or not. But stuff like walks, digging in a garden, cleaning floors, exercising at the gym, aerobics, will definitely ground.
Go to Top of Page

The_seeker

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  11:17:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit The_seeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for your answer Shanti.
Regarding your question Victor, no, I have not tried any other advanced technique (actually, I don't know anything else than spinal breathing, meditation and sutras). Anyway, I just want to take it slowly at a healthy rate (my experiences seem to be quite powerful
And honestly, I don't seek experiences, I don't want to complicate myself (the simpler the better). I just want to get to know God in the most simplest and humblest manner if possible.
Thank you guys
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4429 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  3:19:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by The_seeker

It's been a couple of days since, during spinal breathing, meditation or sutras I have amazing sensations in the head, specially in the brow (like tingling, shivery sensations...etc, but very pleasurable). The sensations are overwhelming, I feel kinda waves of ecstasy flowing into my body, but in the head the sensation is very clear and really INCREDIBLE.
Even after the procedure for a couple of hours I feel like I'm walking on the clouds:)
I don't know what to think, is it normal? should I keep practicing without restriction?
If anybody could give me an advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry for my english, I'm french canadian:)

Hi The Seeker, and welcome to the forum.

This is quite normal, it just isn't that common (yet). One day it will be, and then we'll be on the brink of a new humanity.

quote:
And honestly, I don't seek experiences, I don't want to complicate myself (the simpler the better). I just want to get to know God in the most simplest and humblest manner if possible.

Sounds like you got it.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

The_seeker

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - Dec 10 2009 :  10:27:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit The_seeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi
Go to Top of Page

The_seeker

Canada
27 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2010 :  9:31:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit The_seeker's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi to everybody,

As I've already mentioned in my previous postings I don't practice any mudras or bandhas, only spb for 5-10 min, meditation for 20 min and samyama (1-2 repetition for each sutra).
I started meditation and samyama 2-3 years ago. All this time I had beautiful experiences of peace and inner silence. A couple of months ago, following the lecture of AYP books I added sbp. After adding this component (sbp)to my habitual practices (meditation and samyama) very pleasurable sensations in my brow region started to appear. All this sensations in the brow region take place now, in all three components (sbp, meditation and samyama). It is very addictive :)
In the ayp books a connection between mulhabandha and shambavi is mentioned.
Personaly, I don't feel anything down there, only those amazing sensations up in the brow, and this automatically without focusing on it.
I was wandering if there's something missing in my procedures.

Thank you
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000