Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Interesting Article: Allah, Elohim & AUM
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kirtanman

USA
1651 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2009 :  10:53:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kirtanman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

ARTICLE: Introduction To Kabbalah/The Hebrew Letter Aleph.

Hi All,

Here's a very interesting article on the Tree of Life ... aka the Two Trees in the Garden of Eden ... the Tree of Life *and* the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil .... as in: as the Tree of Life ... it's One; once there was "knowledge" of Good and Evil, however, the One appeared Divided ........ and hence all the trouble.

It also offers a good general overview on Kabbalah, including the Kabbalistic origins of the trinity ... which corresponds to the supernal (thought-free awareness) triad in other systems, including Kashmir Shaivism and other tantric systems (i.e. the Trident of Shiva, the Sri Yantra, Abhinavagupta's school of Kashmir Shavism known as Trika {Triple, Triadic}).

It also covers the symbolism behind the first letter of the Hebrew and Arabic alphabets (aleph & alif, respectively; the languages are very similar), and how the respective names of God (Allah), and Gods/Goddess (Elohim), relate to the "winds" of spirit, and the Word, and how these relate to breath and speech.

(Which is exactly analogous to similar teachings in Kashmir Shavism. <-- The article doesn't mention Kashmir Shaivism, by the way; related comments are just an "FYI", from me. ~KM)

And it covers how these sounds/names of God relate to AUM.

It also goes into the symbolism of the bull/cow, which is a key part of spiritual symbolism throughout the world (sacred cow in India; sacrifice of bull/cow in the Bible; Taurus, etc.) ... and is also an aspect of this first letter (which represents the unmanifest Allness, which is also the totality - hence Nandi the Bull as the mount of Shiva).

As I've said before:

All spiritual symbolism points to how consciousness actually works ... and this article covers how this symbolism is also embedded into the name of God/Gods/Goddesses in the Western traditions, as well.

Please Note: there's some information in the article that I can't vouch for (Atlantis, angelic language, etc.) ... simply because I'm unfamiliar with any related teachings.

Regarding the rest of it (everything before the "Please Note") ... the information is good, based on solid wisdom tradition teaching (verifiable by anyone, via Googling around) ... and I found it highly interesting and worth reading.

Wholeheartedly,

Kirtanman

PS- No, it's not a short article.

Edited by - Kirtanman on Dec 08 2009 11:00:12 PM

christiane

Lebanon
319 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2009 :  05:42:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit christiane's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank U for this precious gift..

_/\_
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000